Quality of Life in Marlboro>Question Details

Jennifer W, Both Buyer and Seller in 07747

Best Monmouth county town close to Old Bridge?

Asked by Jennifer W, 07747 Mon Feb 9, 2009

We're looking to move out of Old Bridge to upgrade to the better school systems in the surrounding areas--either Marlboro, Manalapan, Holmdel (so expensive!!) or Morganville. I want to live near normal, nice people & get my kids a good education. I do NOT want to be surrounded by snobby, nasty women who fit a very negative stereotype of some of these areas. Based on my family in Old Bridge, I have to stay in this general area. Which town would YOU recommend and why???

Answers

9
You may just want to stay in Old Bridge. I show homes all over and the women are always snobby and nasty. ;-)

But isn't that the Matawan zip code you put down? Those women are the worst. Stay in Old Bridge.
Web Reference: http://GregoryBain.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 10, 2009
Best choice in Manalapan followed by Marlboro.
Hi Jennifer

Have you found a home yet? If not may I introduce you to Millstone Twp? It just mwy be the perfect match for you!

Ellen Manzi
Prudential New Jersey Properties
222 Millstone,NJ 08535
732 239 5199
Hi Jennifer!

I have lived in Manalapan for almost 25 years. I have no complaints about the schools here. Both of my children are college graduates and one is a lawyer. I probably would have felt the same about many of the towns around here. One of my recommendations is that if there is a school you are interested in, you could call and make an appt. to meet with someone from the school to discuss your concerns. Another idea is to check information about the high schools, like SAT schores and things like that. The Freehold Regional School District has 6 high schools - Manalapan, Marlboro, Freehold Boro, Freehold Township, Howell, and Colts Neck. There is a website for this district online that you could access and it is on my website http://www.PhyllisKatzsellshomes.com. I hope this helps you out.

Phyllis Katz
Weichert Realtors
455 Route 9 South
Manalapan, NJ 07726
(732) 804-3057 (cell)
(732) 536-4400 x 142 (office)
Have you found your dream home yet?
Web Reference: http://www.mymanalapan.com
Jennifer, I clicked on your profile and read your questions. Your quest for a $750,000 3 car garage. 4 bedrooms-plus office or 5 bedrooms, modern styling, 1/2 acre or more of land, on a walkable street (not in the middle of the woods where our kids can't ride their bikes) with perferably woods behind our house, added to your request that " I do NOT want to be surrounded by snobby, terrible, flashy people." may make it difficult for you.
Good luck finding good schools, $750,000 home and no snobby people, Dunes
Hi Jennifer,
As the other agents have said all the towns you mentioned have good school systems, are comprised of a variety of different people and income levels.

My sister-in-law lives in Manalapan, my husband works in the Manalapan school system and I live in the Freehold area so I am very familiar with Marlboro, Manalapan and Holmdel.

If you would like more information on the areas and homes that may interest you feel free to contact me.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors
Office: 732-577-0440
Hi Jennifer,

I can understand your concern. I have been a resident of Freehold for 11 years. I moved here from North Jersey also for better schools and a more tranquil life. I love it here in Freehold.

All communities are comprised of different people, you will find your comfort zone and what suites you best. Once you see the home of your dreams, you will know.

One thing I found helpful when I was considering moving here, was to visit the school first and drive by the areas that I was considering.

Vivian Morffi
vmorffi@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.Vmorffisells.com
What an interesting question! I'm curious to see the responses.

I sell homes throughout Monmouth County and I can talk about what draws families to each of these towns.

Having said that, I think I will respond to this question more from the perspective as a resident of Manalapan Township.

I've lived in Manalapan for over 16 years! In fact, I moved here right after I got married. Had my kids here and now they are both successful members of the Manalapan school system, with one in grade school and the other getting ready to enter high school! Where did the time go? I am an active member of their Parent Teacher Associations. I'm also a Girl Scout Leader and a volunteer in my younger daughter's class.

I've always felt comfortable here, like I belong. I think I understand the stereotypical person you are trying to avoid. I also think you will find that type of person in any of the towns you are considering. I believe you will find your comfort zone by where you choose to get involved. Being involved in my kids lives has connected me with parents who are like minded and committed to their families.

By the way, the school districts in each of the towns you mentioned have strong reputations. Much of your question will also rely on which neighborhoods within those towns you are considering.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like additional inside perspective on life in Manalapan! You can check out the link to my Manalapan and Marlboro Area Real Estate Blog.

~ JoAnna
732-598-6823