Quality of Life in Tiburon>Question Details

Angie Robins…, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

Are there different micro-climates in Tiburon?

Asked by Angie Robinson, Chapel Hill, NC Tue May 22, 2012

Is it foggy and cold in the summer? What's the highest temperature during the summer and lowest in winter?

Answers

5
Yes, there are. The weather in Tiburon can be quite different if you live along the water as opposed to the hills above. Belvedere has some protected areas that seem to be warmer and less windy. Depending on the depth of the fog, the east and west coastlines experience different temperatures.

The warmest time of the year is usually June through September with some foggy days here and there. The highs run in the mid 80's in the summer and the lows for winter are in the 40's.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
I live on a hill and we experience more wind than the lower areas. We also do not get the frost in the winter. The view side of our house may be cool due to the fog around the bay. Then I go out to our driveway and it is boiling. We are definitely more mild than San Rafael and San Anselmo north, but the most mild climate would be found in Larkspur. We have had many cold summers, but often the spring and fall is amazing. We only get a few days that are extremely hot on the hill, but an under-insulated home in the flats may be hotter longer. The winter will not be any colder than other towns, remembering the cold settles in the valleys. I hope this helps. I'm also an agent, from Millennium Premier Group, Inc., and my name is Jody.
Tiburon and Belvedere are generally out of the summer fog--that's why people from SF built homes there in the 19th Century. However, some of the streets on the shore will have some influence from the summer fogs. These are often the areas with spectacular views! As elsewher in Marin, microclimates change from block to block because of the hills, Mt. Tamalpias, and proximity to the water. If you are looking to relocate in Marin, be sure to ask the neighbors about the weather in their area.
Hi Angie,

When are you relocating here? Are you looking to rent or purchase? I see you have many questions about Marin County on Trulia.

To better serve you, please call me and I can answer all of them for you instead of emailing daily. i would be more than happy to assist you.

Michelle McCarthy
Bradley Real Estate
(415)279-5329
Tiburon can on certain days be foggy and cold in the summer but for the most part it is mild. The fog clears in the afternoon. Sausalito takes the brunt of the foggy and cold weather. Much of the time in Tiburon you are actually looking over at the fog as it hovers over the Golden Gate Bridge and Sausalito. Tiburon on average does not get super hot like San Anselmo, Larkspur, and parts of San Rafael. For the most part Tiburon will be in the 70's in the summertime. In the Winter the weather is very similar to The City, very moderate as well. In the middle of the day in the winter the temperature is in the 50's, with the mornings temps in the 40's. It rarely drops in the 30's like it does in Mill Valley.