Abby, Other/Just Looking in Scottsdale, AZ

Are there any good running/jogging routes in the Scottsdale area?

Asked by Abby, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Aug 9, 2007

I was particularly wondering about the canal situation.

Answers

10
The Scottsdale GREENBELT runs down the center of half the city - it's EXCELLENT for running, jogging, biking, in-line skates, or driving my QUADRACYCLE to go feed the ducks and geese at the parks.

Up north there is the GATEWAY TRAILHEAD which leads right up into the McDowell Mtns - the high desert. It's wonderful dry, rugged, natural hiking.

Don't forget PIESTEWA PEAK and CAMELBACK MTN are very close by in Phoenix.

WHO do YOU know that wants to buy or sell a home in the Valley of the Sun? My team will show them around like family!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
The canal backs are our own beach front property! Haha, there are so many good routes that the canals criss cross through and some great neighborhoods too.
If you're into trail running, we have some fantastic hiking trails that will rest your endurance too!
Yes! There is a great path that runs from the 90th and Shea area through McCormick Ranch and all the way down in to Tempe.
There is one awesome spot where you can take a treadmill (it helps to have two people), and you can literally run for hours and hours without running into traffic, bicyclists, fellow joggers, etc. Just hop on the treadmill and start running, I'll post a map later showing how to get to the spot with your treadmill in tow. And the canal situation is under control.
Many people run Pinnacle Peak Park trail each morning before work. Lots of hiking/biking trails in North Scottsdale. There are various running clubs. More popular are road biking. Lots of outdoor activity in Scottsdale. The link shows trails in south Scottsdale.
abby, just wait till you get here....everywhere you run is a great view.....just make sure you bring water. i suggest early morning running, so cool......also there are many great runs here, the biggest is the p. f . changs rock and roll marathon in jan....look forward to seeing you there!!!
The Indian Bend Wash is a great place to run/ jog/ bike/ rollerblade or even walk your dog. There are many people that choose to run/ jog along the canal in the Arcadia area, just north of Indian School Rd and 56th St.
I like to pick the trail up at 92nd & shea, you can take it al the way to ASU. I roller blade on it alot. Try it out, you'll like it.
Web Reference: http://getprequalified.com
There are some great walking/jogging paths in Scottsdale. Along the banks of the canal south of Indian School in the Arcadia area, north of Lincoln (East of Hayden Rd.) in central Scottsdale, and Camelback walk in McCormick Ranch are great. The greenbelt syste in McCormick Ranch extend east to the Shea North Hospital campus, and practically all the way to Tempe in the south. Scottsdale Ranch has a great walking path system as well, as does McDowell Mountain Ranch. And don't forget Chaparral Park at Hayden/Chaparral Rds. There is a 1 mile path around the lake with intervals of exercise stations (pullup bar, steps, etc). Scottsdale is a great place for those who wish to stay active. I recommend waiting until it is not 110 degrees out, however!
Web Reference: http://rayandpaul.com
The Scottsdale Running Club has some great running/jogging routes that they use. I'm a biker, myself, but I have a close friend that's a runner, and while getting ready for the PF Chang's Rock-N-Roll Marathon, he ran with the Scottsdale Running Club. To get off the streets, they tended to run the canal easements, which are great places to run, although there isn't any hill work.

In North Scottsdale, you can start your canal run at Horizon Park, near Frank Lloyd Wright and the 101, and down in Central Scottsdale, you can start your run at Indian Bend Park. If you are looking for some hill work, then consider a run through the neighborhood in McDowell Mountain Ranch or maybe an "around the mountain" run around Mummy Mountain in Paradise Valley.