Quality of Life in Yorkville>Question Details

Sharon Z, Both Buyer and Seller in 60632

Are there any community or town regulations on the ownership (number or size/breed) of dogs in Yorkville ?

Asked by Sharon Z, 60632 Sat Sep 6, 2008

Answers

3
Sharon,

I searched the Yorkville Codes on line and could find nothing restricting number or breed of dogs in Yorkville. I left a message with the city and hopefully will get a response Monday!

Ron
Web Reference: http://rondonhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2008
Sharon,

Click on the link below it will take you right to animal restrictions page for Yorkville IL. Please look me up if you need any help finding a home here in Yorkville. Have a great day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2008
This is a GREAT question! I believe there has been many recent changes in city/suburb laws regarding that. I would love to be able to compile a list of suburbs and counties (for the unincorporated areas). It would take a great deal of time and calls for all "chicagoland" areas---if many of us would take a few suburbs on--we could compile the list here. Call the village hall to find out, and please post results. Mt Prospect IL allows 3 dogs/household. The IL Dpt. of Agriculture regulates the "foster" situation/certification for rescue and allowing temp. foster homes. Towns/Villages do not have any size restrictions---none that I have ever heard about----but if you are living in a townhome/condo situation the management/association usually does---and that overrides the village for that particular complex.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2008