Templeton, Home Buyer in Mill Valley, CA

Anyone know what it's like to live in Strawberry? How does it compare to living on the other side of the freeway - in Mill Valley?

Asked by Templeton, Mill Valley, CA Wed Aug 11, 2010

Answers

4
Dianne Andrews’ answer
I recently sold a home to a client at the tip of Strawberry and she absolutely adores it. It is a favorite walking spot for dog owners, and has dramatic San Francisco and water views. It is a very quiet neighborhood, and does not have the freeway noise. It has not only the great shopping center for convenience of boutiques, Safeway, and great restaurants, but also the ever so popular Rec Center with its swimming pool, and baseball field, where the schools play on the weekends. It is also appealing for commuters to the City or the North Bay, or East Bay, as access to the freeway is so nearby. Again, as others have mentioned, if you prefer the cozy downtown feel of Mill Valley, and the trees, coffee houses, and boutiques, the other side of the freeway is probably a better bet. Best to drive around and walk around to see what appeals to you. I am a 20 year Mill Valley agent so if you need any help finding your next Dream Home, I would be happy to help you
I moved to Mill Valley a couple of years ago and truthfully my personal preference was NOT to live on the Strawberry side mainly because I have a young son and I needed him to be able to ride his bike to school, walk to basketball courts and hit the trails easily.

If you decide to live on the Strawberry side be prepared to hear freeway noise and although E. Blythdale going to the center of Mill Valley can get congested the Strawberry side has its own traffic issues. You will find more condos in the area as well and it just does not have that quaint feel of Mill Valley proper.

If you are interested in Buying a home in Mill Valley give yourself time to investigate all areas. I have a map of all the neighborhoods in Mill Valley that I'd be more than happy to send to you simply email me and I will forward you a copy.

You should also have a Top 5 list of what it is that you really want in a neighborhood or community. Are you okay with freeway noise? Do you prefer a more foggy environment or are you more interested in the sun and warmer spots of Mill Valley? Want to be close to the trails? Walk to shops? Whether or not Mill Valley proper is better than the Strawberry side is subjective.

A lot of Buyers feel that if they don't buy now they are going to miss the boat but truthfully more homes will be coming on the market, more short sales abound, more motivated sellers, we are nearing the last quater of the year and there will be plenty of opportunities to buy a home that meets all of your needs.

Think about your Top 5 requirements in a home and neighborhood and then work from there. If you need more information please feel free to contact me.

Lydia Puller
Alain Pinel Realtors
(415) 599-5028
Lydia@apr.com
Web Reference: http://www.LydiaPuller.com
The two sides of the freeway in MV have always felt very different to me. West of the freeway it's woodsy and hilly, with dramatically narrow streets winding up into the hills and quaint houses and a mix of sun and shade. The Strawberry side is more open, the rises more gentle, the streets wider, and it feels more oriented to the water than to the woods. If your vision of Mill Valley is living in the redwoods, or you equate the Mill Valley lifestyle with downtown's charm, you want the other side. If your vision is of proximity to the water and open blue skies, consistent sun and proximity to modern conveniences, Strawberry will appeal to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 11, 2010
The Strawberry neighborhood of Mill Valley is primarily appreciated for its convenience in terms of transportation as well as its proximity to the Strawberry Shopping center. While that neighborhood is a bit further away from the quaint "downtown" Mill Valley, many residents like the fact that they don't have to fight the traffic or drive way up into the hills to get home. The Strawberry shopping center includes several restaurants, a large grocery store, as well as other retail shops http://(www.strawberryvillage.com) The area offers miles of wonderful walking/biking paths along with several parks. Finally, the weather in this neighborhood is somewhat milder than other areas of Mill Valley; although this year it seems cooler just about everywhere around here.
If you'd like to find out what homes are available in the Strawberry neighborhood, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.beatbossart.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 11, 2010