Quality of Life in Idyllwild>Question Details

bakers2030, Home Buyer in Idyllwild, CA

Any Idyllwild locals out there?

Asked by bakers2030, Idyllwild, CA Mon Sep 24, 2012

Hi we are considering moving to Idyllwild. The info I find and opinions I have found online seem to be directed or coming from tourists. It makes me wonder if anyone lives there and if this a place to visit but not fun to live at. Are there any locals that can give me an idea of how bad the winters get and what the summers are like? We have a 4 and 5 year old. Are there family places for us to visit/things to do during off seasons? How is the elementary school? Any further thoughts on daily life in Idyllwild is greatly appreciated!

Answers

3
Used to be...was there a week or so ago actually. I still feels like home to me!
I would also visit the area, eat at some of the restaurants and talk face to face with locals.
Absolutely, there are a bunch of us locals out there! Have lived here for 35 years and have loved every minute of it. It is a fabulous community with an excellent school system. There are lots of things to do, with programs for the children, ranging from the arts, to music to sports. It is a so much healthier place to raise children in! Our community just completely the most amazing project - building a huge playground from scratch with all volunteer help. It took five days and went from seven in the morning until eight at night, with three meals a day provided, and a free glass of wine at the local wine tasting place for anyone who had a name tag from that day. I particularly enjoyed that :-)!
As far as the weather goes, the seasons are absolutely beautiful, but if one has not lived in snow before it might take a few winters to learn how to live in it. Having the proper vehicle and clothing makes all the difference in the world. But the good news is that the snow never last for a long period of time. Having been born and raised in PA, this type of winter is easy and totally enjoyable! Summers are beautiful, with temps going into perhpas the high 80's, but cooling down to the high 50's at night. Considering the surrounding HOT communities - it's heaven!
Hope this helped and please know that i'll be glad to help in any way that I can should you need any more information. It just so happens that I'm a realtor in town, and would be glad to help if it happens that you turn out wanting to evaluate Idyllwild more from a home perspective, but know that I will be glad to answer any questions that might come up for you.
Best of luck to you and your family!
~Dora Dillman
Idyllwild Realty
DRE# 01436174
(951) 288-5604
Melissaeileen,
Please check out my home for sale in Pine Cove on 3/4 acre? 52811 Cedar Drive
thanks! We have a doctor up here now. also a brand new library, post office with no home mail delivery except UPS and FedEx. Most properties have a slope to them. I also have two perfectly flat parcels for sale totalling .50 acres.
David
Flag Sat Apr 5, 2014
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful Could you start sending us houses for sale. We are looking for a 4/5 bedroom and a fenced but roomy yard. We will not be ready for a year or so. We are coming from across the country. Could you tell me please, what you do if you have an emergency or get sick? I take it you don't have a medical facility in town, library, post office? Also I have never been to Idyllwild. Is everything on a hill? Thank you so much and I look forward to working with you.
Flag Sun Sep 30, 2012