Quality of Life in 08535>Question Details

Kathristin, Home Buyer in East Windsor, NJ

Air Traffic Over Millstone Township, 08535

Asked by Kathristin, East Windsor, NJ Tue Aug 28, 2012

My family and I are looking for homes in Millstone township, preferably the Nothwest section (closer to turnpike and rt 33) as it is closer to our offices. While we were looking at one house near the equine clinic at Millstone and Bittner Roads, it seemed that a commercial plane went over head about every minute. They weren't flying low, but low enough to be easily heard. Is this a problem for this area of Millstone? Thanks!

Answers

1
Dear kmweis,
All the best on your move to a beautiful area. If you take a look online, you can find all the airport stats. For instance, Trenton Mercer airrport shows the following: For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had an average of 231 flights per day: 95% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 154 aircraft based at this airport: 48% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 10% jet, 21% helicopter, and 10.4% military.

NOW IGNORE EVERYTHING I'VE SAID....because no facts or figures can substitute for your good judgement and common sense. If you were my client, I would counsel you to do your own due diligence. Drive or walk around the area in which you're interested on weekends and weekdays, at all times of day; morning noon and night. Although this may be inconvenient and time consuming, you'll find it well worth it when making one of life's largest financial and emotional investments.

Things affect people differently. Some of us are bothered by neighbors dribbling a basketball, some by a barking dog, some by traffic noise. Spend some time in the area where you're thinking of buying, find out what's going on and you'll be able to make a decision you won't regret. If you are not working with a realtor and I can assist, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lorraine Koleda
Realtor Associate
Jack Green Realty
lorik@jackgreenrealty.com