Quality of Life in Brooklyn>Question Details

Alison Hillm…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Advantages to raising a family in Brooklyn

Asked by Alison Hillman, San Francisco, CA Thu Aug 2, 2012

What are some of the advantages to raising a young family in Brooklyn as opposed to Manhattan?

Answers

2
Alison,
These preferences are really a matter of personal choice. The differences between Manhattan and Brooklyn are actually becoming less pronounced. My office is in Manhattan and I live in Brooklyn, and I find the amount of crossover has dramatically increased. Many people who would only consider Manhattan in the past a very drawn to the neighborhoods we call Brownstone Brooklyn. Similarly, people who thought they coudn't afford Manhattan are finding great value in this market and with these interest rates. As licensed real estate agents, we cannot steer you to a particular neighborhood, or reply directly to your phrase "raising a young family for a variety of legal reasons, but I would suggest you do some exploring and see where you feel comfortable and research the neighborhoods you are considering in both boroughs.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
212 381-4268
jlevy@halstead.com
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Real similar to raising a family on the best island in Hawaii.
Doncha think?