Quality of Life in Chicago>Question Details

Jim Mcmahon,  in Foot Hills, Provo, UT

ARE THESE AGENTS NUT???????

Asked by Jim Mcmahon, Foot Hills, Provo, UT Mon Oct 27, 2008

I am shocked at some of the things that some of these agents are putting up on this site regarding the candidates. I am looking for a house in a particular area and was given the name of a Realtor. I decided to Google and found he was saying slanderous things here about my candidate which lost him a sale. Do they not realize that by airing their feelings they can alienate up to 50% of potential clients considering they have their contact information on their profile? The stuff on the internet follows you forever.

Answers

14
Jim... the answer to your question is "yes, they're nuts to be badmouthing candidates, and alienating potential clients.

Yes!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 27, 2008
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Hi Jim,

I'm afraid that we've had to remove your second most recent post from this thread because of the insults it included. Please be sure to abide by the following guidelines whenever you post content to Trulia Voices.

RESPECT THE Trulia Voices COMMUNITY
Every member is entitled to share his or her opinion on Trulia Voices. Do not insult other members because you strongly disagree with their views or for any other reason. Do not engage in hateful discussions, venting or ranting or use inappropriate language.

We want everyone's opinion to be heard but we can only allow comments to remain on our site if they are respectful.

Also, I noticed that your comments were removed from the blog you cited and that you believed Trulia was responsible. I can assure you that is not the case. Blog authors can delete any comments posted about their blogs as they see fit.

Thank you for letting me clarify.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Yes, you are right . The real estate professional as well as, any service provider should realize that personal opinions have no place in business and in following an ethical practice.

That is the beauty of being able to hire and fire any provider!
As long as Obama doesn't lose by having the election stolen like Bush did in Florida, if that happens I am going to be out rioting.
Wow, I hope and pray that on weds.we can all pull together and get behind our new President whomever he is.
I totally agree that, as realtors, our political views should not be posted. This is a real estate site and we are here to service our clients, both buyers and sellers. Let's talk real estate, NOT politics.
I am noticing quite a few of the anti Obama borderline racist comments have disappeared from some of the blogs after a few calls to some of their brokers.
Thank you Thesa, it is refreshing to see there are some good people out there.
wow you are getting some good responses
I try and avoid discussions on politics and religion - everyone has an opinion and it is certainly possible that it differs from mine.
I am thrilled to hear a buyer/seller say this out lout (so to speak) it has been an issue with me regarding a lot of issues - sometimes our personal opinion should not be shared - it is personal not professional. Thanks for putting it out there.
Your grandmother was a very wise woman Mike.
My grandmother used to tell me not to discuss religion and politics. Some of the best advice she ever gave me.

-Inspector Mike Savage
Jim,

I agree! I don’t think that this is a place to be discussing politics. This is a REAL ESTATE website.