Property Q&A in Sachse>Question Details

Mariya Khan, Renter in Murphy, TX

would there be a discount on a 12 month lease?

Asked by Mariya Khan, Murphy, TX Mon Dec 31, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3066944072-3617-Jewel-St-Sachse…

Answers

2
These days it is tough to get discounts. In fact we have had several cases this year that went the other way...that is the renter offering more than list price to lock it up. That's new around here but when many of the homes get multiple applications it is starting to happen.

Have you seen inside yet? Let me know if you want to look tomorrow.

As that is the only property I see for rent in Wylie or Sachse under $1100/month currently, I expect it to rent for full price.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Mariya, The answer is No. Landlords these days are pricing these properties based on a 12 month lease. Typically, they will not discount the lease even if you go longer than 12 months. However, if the property stays on the market for a while, they may be willing to consider a lower rental rate. This property has been on the market for 28 days. Given that it has leased for $815 in the past, the landlord might consider something less than $850 based on the quality of the tenant profile (rental history, employment history, proof of income and clean credit/background).

You should have a Realtor to assist you with any lease application and negotiation so that you are protected. It doesn't cost you anything. Let me know if you need help.

Brent Rice, Trulia Top Recommended Broker (Pro & VIP)
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
214-808-3100
Brent@RiceGroupInc.com