Property Q&A in Hampton>Question Details

Amt0778, Home Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

would seller consider a rent to own?

Asked by Amt0778, Oklahoma City, OK Fri Jan 13, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3027119469-103-Cofer-Ct-Hampt…

Answers

3
Amt778,

Be grateful the property is under the contract, otherwise you would run a risk of severely overpaying for it.

Most/all homes sold as rent-to-own are sold for MUCH higher price than homes sold the traditional way in the open market. The sellers are taking a huge risk by *renting* to someone who may or may not purchase in the end and they want to be compensated for that risk and any potential damage done to the property.

I suggest that you use the next few years to do whatever you need to do - down payment, credit, etc - so you can purchase on the open market. As a reward, you'll have a huge inventory of homes to choose from :-)

The property is already under contract. Thanks for your interest.
Thank you for your question and welcome to Hampton Roads. This is a great place to live. As far as renting to own, and if I were your agent, I would reach out to the listing agent and ask for you. Are you working with an agent in this area? What brings you to Hampton and would you consider looking in other surrounding areas? Are you looking for rent to own because of credit? I would like to find out more about you and your situation, and help you out. You can reach me at rebeccathomas1212@gmail.com, or 757.383.2070, if you would like my help. Until then, have a great day.

Rebecca Thomas, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Greenbrier
1100 Volvo Pkwy Suite 200
Chesapeake VA 23320
757.383.2070
rebeccathomas1212@gmail.com