Property Q&A in Portland>Question Details

la.tillisch, Home Owner in Portland, OR

why do you not have the 3 & 1/2 baths listed? This home has 3 & 1/2 baths & 3 fireplaces

Asked by la.tillisch, Portland, OR Sun Jan 15, 2012

this home has 3 and 1/2 baths, 3 fireplaces

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Oregon/Portland/sold/698199-3723…

Answers

7
Lisa, you must have done a large remodel on this house since when you bought it, it was very small. The tax records show 2 baths and 2 fireplaces. I would not recommend telling the assessors office that you have these extra thing because they will raise your taxes. All information is just dragged from one site to the next so if you have any wrong information it stays on there for ever. I work in the area and if you would like a price opinion give me a call.
Tom Inglesby,
RE/MAX Broker
Great question! The internet is a fantastic tool, but it is only as good as the information that is placed there. Trulia, as well as other internet sites, pull much of the information displayed from county tax records. County tax offices are sometimes overwhelmed and understaffed. Your best option may be to seek professional assistance - contacting your county tax department may be a good starting point. If you are looking to sell, finding a professional broker will go far to help market your property and eliminate any confusion as to what the home does or does not have to offer.

To learn more about the Portland real estate market...
As the owner of the home I can see why you would ask that question since the information on Trulia doesn't seem to accurately represent your home. Trulia pulls information from several sources, most frequently from county tax records. Tax records are not always up-to-date and your listing agent may also not use Trulia frequently. Updating information on every single web site that pulls information from RMLS, tax records and other sources would take important time away from marketing your home to the people who will show it to Buyers and that's other Realtors. To put your mind at ease, your home will be accuratley represented by your Realtor in RMLS. Buyer's Agents will have access to that information that they can share with their buyers. Since more than 85% of listed homes are sold by another Realtor (Buyer's Agent) that is where a listing agent should put the majority of their effort. Communication with Buyer's Agents is critical when marketing a home as well as presenting the property in an accurate and appealing manner which is important.
How do you know---have you been in it or have you owned it? As others have said, this is a general information site. Real estate people may place listings here but a lot of inventory is taken from other sources and public records. I love Trulia and several sites like them but they can not be as accurate as a real estate broker who is a member of the multiple listing service. Many brokers will also know about homes that can be purchased but the sellers are not listed. Sometimes those are referred to as 'pocket listings'.

I am not here to solicit you, as I dont know why you asked the question.
If you're the homeowner, Trulia and many of the sites allow you to "claim the home" and edit the features if they've changed. But keep in mind, the info here is likely from the county tax records. If their records don't match with the actual space at the home, then that could be a red flag that the baths weren't properly permitted at the time they were added. It could become a problem for an appraiser to value them and affect the sales price. This is all part of the research a Realtor can provide when they help you get your home ready to market.
Whether you're looking to buy or sell, always remember that these online sites can be helpful, but they don't claim to be 100% accurate and you should never expect that.
Best to you,
Marge
This is not my listing. I am responding as a buyer's agent. This home is off the market. Check the status section. These forms require full baths in the baths section and the agent can go in and edit.
Is this your home or are you looking for a home?? I can do a Home evaluation as well. I have a great program to get your home sold and closed in less than 90 days! Are you signed with a buyer’s agent?I could be your buyer’s agent if you like. Please feel free to browse my testimonials. I have attached some documents for your information. How about I send you some other listings like this one to consider? My representation doesn’t cost you anything. You should check out my testimonials page. Click on my picture and the drop down under my profile tab. I have a great program to help you find homes and no more hours spent looking online, because My Homefinder Pro will find the ones you want, and send them to your email. This system scours the internet hourly after you or I set up a set criteria or different set criteria for land or homes. This way you’re not missing anything, because it will send you updates and changes to listing status….

-Jewel Stockli, http://www.OregonRealEstateByJewel.com, 503-936-2432
Trulia and other similar internet real estate resources often rely on county tax records for the property details. If the County information is not correct, then the web resources cannot reflect proper information. When you list your home for sale with a Realtor, and the Multiple Listing Service listing includes all of the proper information, then Trulia and the other web resources displaying current listings will show the correct information.

Please let me know if you would like any additional information about the Bridlemile real estate market.