Property Q&A in Chicago>Question Details

Asen Trambev, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

which unit is being sold? on which floor? Please advise.

Asked by Asen Trambev, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 27, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/44780724-655-W-Irving-Park-Rd…

Answers

7
Despite the fact that there are a number of rentals, foreclosures, and short sales, the percentage of these units compared to the total number of units is low enough where you can get financing. The reserves of the building are large and growing. Assessments here are lower when compared to many high rise units in the area.

I have lived there from 2004 to 2009 and still own a unit and parking spaces there so I'm familiar with the building.

If you'd like to discuss the characteristics of this building and/or the one next door (3930 N Pine Grove- I own a unit there too). I'd be more than happy to discuss all of this with you.

Jeff Nobleza
Baird & Warner
773 770 7530
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 27, 2010
There are 9 2/2 for sale and a few 2/1 also on the market. This is one of those difficult buildings that had many short sales/foreclosures over the past 2-3 years. Values tend to be a bit all over the place. They often list parking for about 30K, but they end up almost giving it away to get a sale.
The owner occupancy is poor with many rentals. Getting a loan therefore is a bit more difficult. I would be careful with this building and you should have at least a 5 yr time frame to hold any unit you buy in this building.

Buyer Rebate: 20% of my share of commission
Seller: Flat Fee MLS Listing just $300
Seller: Full Service Listing 3 3/4%
Rental Services
20+ years experience city and most Burbs
Details @ .. http://.www.chicagorealtyassociates.com

Philip Sencer
Chicago Realty Associates
1024 W Fry #101
Chicago Illinois 60642
312-733-0700
philip@chicagorealtyassociates.com
Asen,
As you can see from the other replies, there is quite a few listings available in this building. I would have your agent set you up with an appointment to see the unit. If you are not working with an agent, I suggest grabbing one. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process at no cost to you. Interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696
Asen,
Wow! The 46th floor and what a view!! Perfect view of the park and lake! A corner unit with agreat view from every angle!!! This is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit that comes with a garage space. There is also a health club and a beautiful pool!
If you have any questions, or would like to see any of the units that are for sale in the building (and there are quite a few!), don't hesitate to give me a call!!
Thanks!
Marge Ruff
Century 21 McMullen, Chicago
(708) 275-7102
ruffhouses@att.net
homesbuyruff.com
Asen,

Are you familiar with this building, its Park Place Tower Condos a full amenity condo building. There are 49 units for sale and 3 unit under contract. There are 900 units in the buiding I am not sure if that number includes the cabanas you can buy near the pool. The location is fantastic seconds from the lake. There are 9 2 bedroom units in the building let me know if you need more info.

Simir Shah
Hello Asen,

To answer your question, the unit is #4610 on the 46th floor.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ken Dooley CIPS,ABR,TRC (312) 305 4919
Conlon: A Real Estate Company
Web Reference: http://www.KenDooley.com
Hi Asen,

There are currently 8 units available in this building. The only 2 bedroom unit is a conventional sale listed at $282,000. If you send me your e-mail, I will send you the updated MLS copies.
Have a Great Evening!
Tim
tfitzgerald@c21proteam.com
815.353.1901