Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Annette Henl…, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

where to get a deed transfer in your name in philadelphia I have my dads property and heir to his estate?

Asked by Annette Henley, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jun 3, 2011

Answers

8
where and does one get a house deed at a low cost? a house was left but not in the persons (who it was left to) name. what exactly is a quiet claim deed? how do i go about getting one?
The deed for my house in Philadelphia also has my mother's name. I no longer wish to have my name
on the deed, because I now live in California. Are there some recommended Title Companies or
real estate professional is the Philadelphia area who can help me with this.
you have to go to an attorney and have them prepare a new deed and then record it. The recording is around $200 and the Deed preparation should be no more than $250.
If you have an attorney handling your father's estate ,(I am assuming he had a will naming you as heir), he or she can arrange the deed transfer. Let me know if I can be of further help.
H Annette,

Certainly any real estate or family practice attorney can handle this. You may also go to any title company and they can handle a straight forward transfer of 'Real Property'. I suggest that you also speak with an accountant prior to the transfer to discuss the details of the transfer and the 'Basis' in relation to your interests to either hold the property or sell it.

Please feel free to cal me if you are looking for specific referrals, or if you wish to discuss this further.

Charles Balducci
c. 215.531.2000
Coldwell Banker Preferred
Hi Annette,
I can give you the name of an estate attorney who can handle that for you. By the way, I buy estate homes in Philadelphia, so if you are looking to sell - let me know.
Estate Attorney: Bob Stewart : 215-244,2470
Kathy Gilmore
610-212-4330
CALL ME AT 215-334-3333 OR 215-837-7025 TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER.

MICHAEL GIORDANO
C21 Forrester RE
Most title cos will no longer do them but you can call an attorney and will typically charge 200 plus recording fee. Some real estate cos will do also but not many.