Property Q&A in Sea Girt>Question Details

jw, Both Buyer and Seller in Sea Girt, NJ

whats a better area manasquan shores or sea girt estates. Deciding weather to build up on a small lot or move

Asked by jw, Sea Girt, NJ Tue Jul 7, 2009

currently live in Manasquan shores on small 50 by 100 lot. Should I add 2nd level or move to larger house in sea girt estates.

Answers

4
Hi Jw

I was going through some older questions and just wondering if you made a decision on whether manasquan shores or sea girt estates if more desirable.

I believe it all depends on what you are looking for and what is available at the time you are looking. Both great places to live and raise children. Prices are dropping in both areas as expected with the market.

Would be very interested in knowing if you made a decision . email me if you need anything

val
vgabela@dianeturton.com
They are both great areas to live. That is a personal preference.
In evaluating weather to ad on or move to a larger home in a different area of Wall, I would first look at your neighborhood. If you do the addition as you want, is your home now going to be the largest and most valuable house in the neighborhood? Would you be over improving for your neighborhood? If so, you will not get your money back if you had to move in the near future. It would then be best to sell and invest in an area that all the homes are larger and maybe even the lot will be larger. Additionally, Sea Girt Estates maintain great value due to how close it is to Sea Girt beaches. Please let me know if I can be of service to you in evaluating the value of your home today and what it would be if you made the renovations today. I can also provide you with sales data in Sea Girt Estates on what has closed in the size of a home that you would consider upgarding to. This information will enable you to make the best financial decision. I can be reached via my cell # at 732-221-5673 or email megan.schnurr@sothebysrealty.com
Hi JW.
Some people prefer Manasquan shores, some prefer Sea Girt Estates. It usually boils down to whether or not someone wants to be closer to the beach or the river.
As far as whether or not to build up or move, it's a difficult question to answer without seeing your home and finding out why you are adding on in the first place. What are you looking to gain? How much would you want to spend to renovate and how much will that renovation gain you dollar-wise? Then, you can look at properties in SG estates and find out how much it will cost you there to find something you like.
So, your motivation is equally as important as the cost factor. It might be cheaper to add on, but if your goal is to be closer to the beach, adding on won't help you.
If you'd like to receive listings for Sea Girt Estates, let me know.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com