msaunders907…, Home Owner in San Pedro, CA

what is the landlord willing to pay as utilities?

Asked by msaunders90703, San Pedro, CA Sat Jan 26, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3106679707-770-W-Summerland-Ave…

Answers

4
Everything is negotiable, but not in this forum. You have to make offer to lease and include what you think the utilities should be (if you think you should not have to pay for them)
The landlord does not have any obligation to pay. But, may sometimes offer it as an incentive to lease their property. In almost all cases in my experience the tenant will pay for electricity, while the landlord will pay for the trash and sometimes even water. All depends on your lease. If it isn't included in your lease and there is no mention of it, you probably aren't paying it... But I'd confirm with the landlord
There is no mention of the landlord paying any utilities. If you would like to confirm, I would suggest filling out the form for the landlord/property manager and double checking. There are not many places that pay utilities anymore - unless they are in a HOA and the HOA is paying for Trash and Water. That said - some do pay all or partial - especially if you rent an attached guest house - but only up to a certain amount or they use an average figure and add it to the cost of the rent.
I didn't see anything about the landlord paying the utilities. If the landlord is, why worry about it?