Property Q&A in 98103>Question Details

chrys_kim, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

what is my home worth?

Asked by chrys_kim, Seattle, WA Sat Nov 26, 2011

Answers

10
Chrys_kim,
You have two offers to produce a Comparative Market Analysis, and I'm sure any of us would be willing to assist. You can go to sites like Zillow.com or Eppraisal.com to get a rough idea; they are good starting points but can be 10% to 20% off.
Depending on why you need to know, these sites may be adequate, but if you are thinking of selling it would be best to meet with a couple of local agents, let them tour your home, discuss your neighborhood and the area and then come up with a strategy to sell.
Pricing, marketing, staging and home preparation are all key to maximizing your opportunity to sell. Best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Your home is worth what ever someone will pay you for it... If you are wondering for a refinance, or to sell, or for financial planning or retirement or just curious...all these play a factor in "worth" Market value definition is well coined at wikipedia ( International Valuation Standards defines market value as "the estimated amount for which a property should exchange on the date of valuation between a willing buyer and a willing seller in an arm’s-length transaction after proper marketing wherein the parties had each acted knowledgeably, prudently, and without compulsion."[1]) If you want an opinion of value I would be happy to give my opinion.
what do you think it's worth? :) if you owe more than it's worth let's chat about your options. my team specializes in short sales. good luck with whatever you choose to do!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Good morning Chrys,

You may also want to ask friends for a Real Estate Broker referral. They may have someone they trust and have had a good experience with. You will need to start with a broker to get a market value.

They will evaluate the market area near your home, possibly preview other homes considered to be compitition to yours and with you, arrive at a market value.

A broker will look at your home and may make recommendations to help you get the best value for your home.

Best to you,
Linda M. Bagley
In order to give a value of your home it is best to do a visit with you but for a "ballpark" value we would need
your address, any upgrades since your purchase.
Mary
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
bottom line is any one of us can help you. You really want to work with your own agent, so, before you do anything else, I recommend you hire one.

I would suggest, that as a buyer or seller, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. This will take you a little while to do, but will be time well spent, as choosing the right agent is the first step towards choosing the right home or getting the most for your home. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon.
It's worth whatever a buyer will pay for it.
Chrys,

In order to do a proper "Market Analysis" I will need to meet you at your home to do a walk-thru. I will also need you to tell me about any upgrades you have done since you have owned the home, and any other info you can supply..ie; history of the home, amenities of the neighborhood...etc.

I will then be able to put together an accurate and comprehensive market analysis. This is a complimentary report. There is no cost to you and you are under no obligation to list with me. This is a great way for you to get the info you need and to meet one of your area Realtors.

James B Goodman
Hello- Can you email me your address and the specs(bedroom, bathroom, condition, etc). I can do a Quick analysis and give you a good idea of what your property is worth. Take care,
HI Chrys

Send me you email and address and I'll be glad to discuss the market. I have a great tool on my website that you can use to follow values and changes on a neighborhood by neighborhood status.

Thanks, Gary