Property Q&A in Destin>Question Details

Russ, Home Buyer in Destin, FL

what is an estimate for taxes on a 250, 000 Destin condo?

Asked by Russ, Destin, FL Sat Nov 12, 2011

Answers

3
Hello Russ,

An easy way to find the previous years taxes on a condo or any property for that matter is to go the property appraisers website for either Okaloosa or Walton counties depending on which county the property is in. The sites are http://www.okaloosapa.com or http://www.waltonpa.com. For condos I usually put the condos name in the subdivision search and find the particular unit. There you will see a red tab for tax data. You will also see what value the property appraiser has assessed to it. It won't always be the purchase price. They tend to assess the value anywhere from 10-20% below fair market value. Which helps with your tax bill. Depending on your status, if you live in it as your residence you'll be able to Homestead it and get an exemption amount off the taxed value bringing your tax bill down even more. These are great informational sites to bookmark and use.

If you have any questions navigating the sites or regarding any real esatate needs I'll be happy to help out. You can also visit my site below for a very user friendly way to find just the type of property you are interested in. Please let me know if I can help.
Contact me:

Ken Gettinger
Broker/Sales
850-420-3333
http://www.KenSellsDestin.com
KenSellsDestin@cox.net
The Property Shoppe
36008 Emerald Coast Pkwy. Suite 300
Destin, Florida
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
Russ,
The millage rate in Destin proper is 13.5539 and a price of $250,000 would create a tax bill of $3,388.48 without any exemptions at all. Of course if you are buying a condo as a primary residence you will be entitled to a tax exemption and therefore a tax discount.

I work with buyers exclusively and can assist you with a purchase of a condo, Condos have their own unique set of variables to be aware of. Taxes, insurance, condo fees, rules and regulations all come into play.

I can help you save time, money and avoid costly mistakes.

Feel free to contact me at 850-420-2480. Also, you may want to consider options in neighboring Walton County rather than Okaloosa County. Walton County property taxes are less and you may be able to afford more.
Kelly Klein, Lifeguard Real Estate
-Your Buyer's Representative
City of Destin is a 1.0% - 1.5% multiplier depending on the price point and No Homestead Exemption...
The higher price Units tend to range on the lower % end and lower priced Units towards the higher % end...

Feel free to contact me directly @ 850 454-8160 if you should have specific questions regarding your property search.

Craig Tindall, Broker - ABR/CRP/CRS/LMC/SFR
Destin Beach Brokers, Inc
ABOR Gold Phoenix Award (30) Yrs of Million Dollar Club Membership
Licensed Real Estate Broker in FL & GA

Your Destin & 30A Real Estate Resource