Property Q&A in 44301>Question Details

Kat Trickett, Home Buyer in 44310

what does it mean when a listing is expired?

Asked by Kat Trickett, 44310 Thu Jan 22, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1063958845-386-N-Firestone-Bl…

Answers

4
wow that looks like alot of house for the money. and if it has a warranty it must be in good shape.
somebody got a good deal.
it sold for alot more in the 90's and should of appreciated in value quite a bit by now.

keep an eye on it as the deal could fall thru.
Kat, if I may suggest , pick a good buyer's agent to send you current listings through automated emails from the Realtor's database known as the Multiple Listing Service, that keep you abreast of current listings, with updates daily on fresh listings. Serious buyers love this! What consumers find by themselves on the Internet tends to be outdated or incomplete, which can cause some frustration as you may have just had. Remember all buyers want the best deals, and your learning of them quickly through the automated emails gives you an advantage of jumping on them as they first appear. In giving credit to consumer real estate websites, certainly they have value, in that they can be helpful without your incurring any implied or actual commitment to an agent until you are ready to be serious. FYI I do not charge any fees to prospective buyers like you for this automated email service if you are interested, and I charge no fees to buyers at all for any of my services, so long as the homes are exclusively listed with other Realtors. Some agents do charge fees to buyers as part of a purchase; usually it is the larger brokerages that have the buyers' fees so you may want to check around. Thanks - Don French, Broker, ABR, GRI, CRS - Lake Effect Realty 330-327-1188
Art is correct about expireds, the contract is over and for whatever reason the seller does not renew. But this home is now pending, as of 1/21, another term for you. Pending means they have a signed contract and if everything proceeds smoothly it will then be marked sold in about 30 days. It was a bank short sale and somtimes things do not work out. It could go back on the market in that case.
BTW, I live on S Firestone Blvd, good neighborhood.
Web Reference: http://www.liveinakron.com
When a listing is taken, a listing contract is entered for a specific duration of time (say 6 months). Once that duration of time has ended and nothing else is done (property doesn't sell or property listing is not extended), then the listing Expires.

It appears that the property that you asked about is Active on the market... possibly had been re-listed.

I hope this helps!!

Art Hotes
RE/MAX Classic
Web Reference: http://ArtHotes.com