Property Q&A in Corinth>Question Details

Dolores, Both Buyer and Seller in Wyckoff, NJ

what are the taxes on this home? I am concerned about the age of the home, how is the foundation?

Asked by Dolores, Wyckoff, NJ Sun Feb 27, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3033562347-1-Chapman-St-Corin…

Answers

4
Hi Dolores. Thanks for getting in touch. Please contact me at 518 857 1942 and we can discuss the home on Chapman further.

Aubrey
Consider verifying the taxes with the local tax assessor--as for any structural concerns, if interested in purchasing the property, do hire a licensed home inspector, he/she can best advise as to any potential issues.
Hi Dolores,

The taxes on the listing are evidently an estimate, since when I checked the tax site the actual taxes are $3740 a year. The same reference states the house was built in 1820, which would make it approximately 191 years old. I would understand your hesitation to pursue this property, but the photos of the house are all very beautiful, and like a previous reply stated, you are protected from being legally bound to a contract on any house that an inspector finds a flaw that would reasonably cost $1500 or more to fix.
I would be happy to assist further with this property, or any others that are available in that area. I am a Corinth native coming from a long line of Clothiers, I know the town and values well, and would be honored for an opportunity to see some properties there with you!
Email me at rachelautumn@yahoo.com so that we can get started right away!

Rachel A. Kopp
Keller Williams Saratoga Springs
Good Morning Dolores,
The taxes on 1 Chapman are $2800. They do not state if that is with or without the star exemption. Feel free to call the listing agent on the property for that information. Do not be worried about the age of the propery. The home is listed in SUPERIOR condition, which is extremely rare for a 214 year old home. The owners must have done a remarkable job maintaining the home. If you put an offer in on this property, during the inspectiono perior, you will pay a reputable inspector to absolutely check the foundation. If there is any issues with the foundation over $1500, the seller needs to repair the problem or you do not have to purchase the home. Good luck. Please call me with any other questions you may hav.
Teri Cranston
Realty USA
Associate Broker
518-376-8532