Property Q&A in 07751>Question Details

Rehab, Both Buyer and Seller in Matawan, NJ

what are active adult community houses means?

Asked by Rehab, Matawan, NJ Sat Mar 3, 2012

Answers

3
The key word is "Active". 55+ retirement communities can offer different levels of supervision, while still offering an independent lifestyle with social and recreational activities. In an "Active Adult Community", residents are expected to be ambulatory and responsible for seeing to their own medical and dietary needs. There is no supervision of a resident's medication, daily meals or laundry assistance. This differs from communities that offer routine supervision by a Registered Nurse and options for personal care assistance like a Home Health Aide, in addition to meals. Some newer 55+ communities have a combination of both, where residents can start out in the Active Adult residences and participate in the assisted care as needed.

There are two basic types of active adult communities. One type of active adult community is age-restricted, and the other is age-targeted. In the United States, rules created by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) only govern age-restricted communities.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 3, 2012
Rehab,

Bottom line, is that "Adult community" means that you must be 55+ to purchase. It is typically an organized development that has a clubhouse and amenities and events that cater to those that are 55+. I can say so much more, but will stop here. 33% of my business is in Adult communities so if you would like more info please do not hesitate to contact me direct,

ssincerely,
Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Gloria Nilson Realtors, Real Living
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931 (Direct/Cell)
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
I think Susan has answered the question very thoroughly. "Assisted Living" might be the step beyond "Active Adult" for 55+ residents. Municipalities often approve this kind of development because school-aged children do not live there, thus providing the town with more taxation without increased spending for education.