Property Q&A in 07079>Question Details

Rambo, Home Buyer in 07079

we want to buy a house with in 30 to 45 minutes by metro or train to manhattan ny

Asked by Rambo, 07079 Sat Jul 7, 2012

Answers

7
Keep your car in the driveway and walk to the train!
The NY train is a very pleasant 10-minute walk from this charming, spacious 4-bedroom colonial in a fabulous family neighborhood.

Leave your house at 7:20 and be in NY Penn Station by 8:05! How’s that for a commute?

Call Cathy or Tina they’ll be happy to show you the house 292 Walton Ave, South Orange NJ. Take a look, the house has its own website: http://www.292Walton.com
Cathy Knapp: 201-259-7102 cell
Tina Erway: 973-454-2133 cell
You received alot of great answers regarding some areas to consider purchasing your home.
Best of luck to you!
Good Evening Rambo: Is there anything within the area that you require for you or the family?
What do you want the purchase price of property to be as to opposed to the amount you want to spend on the mortgage monthly. Depending on your lifestyle or what is needed for the family
will have a factor as well. I can suggest some lovely areas. Please donot hesitate to contact
me to chat and I will forward several options to you to make a sound decision.
Respectfully,
Autumn M. Urling
Hi Rambo,

Here is a link to a video town tour of Maplewood and South Orange NJ:

http://youtu.be/U-3EHrOgsRg

If you would like more information about these or other mid town direct train towns, including Montclair, Glen Ridge, Millburn and Summit, give me a call at 917 940-3158 or email me at ben.garrison@cbmoves.com.

All the best, Ben
Lots of NYC commuters buy in my area to make use of the Midtown Direct train into Penn Station. The commute from S. Orange is approximately 37 min, depending on time of day. The time increases slightly, the further away you are from the city............so, Maplewood would add 5 min, to the ride.....Millburn and Short Hills stops are further along, etc.

Check out:

http://www.NJTransit.com

Your price range will help determine what options you have.
Also note that W. Orange offers a jitney bus service to the MidTown Direct train..........Please know that train station parking permits are difficult, if not impossible, to get if you are not a resident of the town, so the jitney is a good alternative.

Hope this helps!
Best wishes.....
Hello and thank you for your question. Your two criteria are easily met: 2-3 bedroom houses with 35-45 minutes commute into midtown Manhattan via NJ Transit - yes we have those in several towns Millburn, Summit, Maplewood, South Orange, Montclair, Glen Ridge for starters. Some of these are city-like others are more in line with "villages". All are very commuter and family friendly municipalities.
Your next criteria will help refine your search for properties to browse through - do you have a price range you would like to work within...??
I will be glad to answer any questions you have or send you additional data/information, but in the meantime, sit back and do some sightseeing through the current properties for sale - http://www.LauraAuer.com. Find something you like and want more information...text or email or call me> Regards, Laura
Rambo, Maplewood & South Orange are just the places to look into if you want a quick commute to the city but want to enjoy a more quiet surburban lifestyle. There are many homes to choose from, some within walking distance of the train station. Being a New Yorker who moved to NJ a few years ago, I chose thes towns to be where I call home and for my office.

If you need some help with you search feel free to contact me direct anytime.
Malik C. 347.538.6864 or Malik@GBHNJ.com