Property Q&A in Auburn>Question Details

Gary Houlet, Renter in Grass Valley, CA

we are looking to relocate back to northern ca and we see you have a home that would acomadate our family. and want to know whats required.

Asked by Gary Houlet, Grass Valley, CA Fri Jul 13, 2012

we r a 3 generation home and have family that lives there.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3088858878--Tanglewood-Dr-Aubur…

Answers

6
This is for a "house sitter" program; It is a very special type of rental situation. Always short term. because the house being "sat" is for sale. You would not be allowed to bring in a lot of people to live there, and you would have to make the home easily available for showings to prospective buyers. Always clean and picked up. No strong cooking smells, or smoking, or parties. Lots of other important and necessary restrictions. It is not just a rental. It is a responsibility to help sell the owners house.

That would help explain the extra - ordinarily low rental fee.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 13, 2012
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hi Gary,
You need to start a pre-approval with a qualified lender. The pre-approval is important so that you can shop with confidence in the right price range. I say qualified lender because not all lenders or loan consultants are "equal".

I say not "equal “because the pre-quals issued vary in value to you, some can even result in the disappointment of losing the home just before closing.. When you receive a prequal from a loan officer it is important to know what criteria and method they used to create the document. In my 20 years as a lender I have seen three types of "prequals."

1. The Just Get the Deal Prequal: This is the prequal where the loan officer asks you, the customer, for info such as an estimate of income, credit score, and money in the bank. They then use this to put together a document that is really nothing more than a scenario quote. I suggest you drop this lender. This type of “pre-qual” is worthless.

2. The Experienced Lender Prequal: This is the prequal where you make formal application and the loan officer actually runs the credit, collects paystubs and income tax returns, and copies of you bank statements and retirement accounts. Then, based on their knowledge of credit, pricing, guidelines, etc. they create a prequalification document. Although more thorough, this prequal is based on the loan officer's experience and ability to accurately assess numerous parts of the loan qualification process.
3. The Pre-Approval: This is the term used by most mortgage banking lenders/ direct lenders, the reason? It really is better than the standard prequal. The Pre-Approval Letter is created after running an automated underwrite using the Fanniemae AUS (Automated Underwriting System). It is NOT a conditional approval (underwritten by AUS and a live underwriter) But, it carries more weight and gives you piece of mind that there has been a thorough assessment of the criteria needed to qualify for a home loan. This approval also clearly spells out the bulk of the conditions up front to more fully equip you for the home buying experience.
I am currently working with a buyer that unfortunately, started with just such a lender as #2… Problem was, the loan consultant completely overlook a foreclosure. (How that could happen, beats me!) But, these poor customers went through the whole buying process paying for all inspections, including a VA appraisal. Just to be declined in underwriting 1 week before the close date! If their lender had had run the AUS, it would have caught the Foreclosure oversight and declined that loan at the start.
We now have weathered the seasoning period… and they are working with a lender I know will do the job right. (They only recently connected with me. I was not involved with their previous transaction.)

If I can be of further service, please call on my “follow me” toll free number 800-530-9421. If with customers, I will promptly return your call.

Or through email; Ingrid@piersonrealestateandinvestments.com

Ingrid
Gary, I just found in my email the property you were referring to on Tanglewood in Auburn. The property is currently contingent and is no longer accepting offers. However, I do have similar properties which I would be happy to forward to you if you are interested?

Also, please don't hesitate to contact me directly on my cell phone 530-798-3400 and we can discuss in greater detail what you are looking and how I can better assist you in your home search.

Cheers,
~Parris
Gary,

I would be happy help answer any questions you may have regarding trying to relocate back to beautiful Nor Cal.

Can you please forward me what specific property you are referring to and I will send you a detailed property description outlining all the features, benefits, pictures and pricing of the property.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to helping you in any way I can.

Cheers,
~Parris
Gary,

Cheers,
~Parris
Hi Gary,

The property manager information is located at the bottom of the listing page, you need to contact them directly.

Here it is : George Threlkel
(530) 308-5179

We also have a property management team in our office should you need additional help or want to find out what else is available in Auburn area" call 530-887-3421, very nice group that knows the area very well.

Good luck and welcome to the Foothills