Property Q&A in 07079>Question Details

Rambo, Home Buyer in 07079

we are looking for a two to three bed room house with in 30 to 45 minutes of mid manhattan ny by public transport

Asked by Rambo, 07079 Sat Jul 7, 2012

suggest the cities

Answers

4
Hi Rambo- You will have no trouble finding a 2-3 BR house in NJ (or larger) within commuting distance to NYC. But don't put the cart before the horse. Your first order of business should be to find the community that has the lifestyle and amenities that you are looking for. You can find some great insider information about the towns in my marketplace on my website http://www.azhomesnj.com under "communities". By talking with friends, doing some online research and driving around a little on your own you will probably be able to plug into the communities that feel best to you. Ease of transportation is another big consideration. There are many ways to slice and dice the commute-- train, bus, ferry. Your commute will be easier if you pick a town that has the best transportation to your job location. Feel free to contact me for further information about Maplewood, S. Orange, Millburn, Livingston, West Orange and surrounding towns.
Hi Rambo,

You picked a great time to consider purchasing a home. If you are okay with a bus commute, there are more towns you can consider like Livingston. The bus ride is normally 35 to 40 minutes into Port Authority. Average price range of two to three bedrooms range from $225K & up.

Feel free to check out my link below for homes in any of the suggested towns including Livingston.
If you need further assistance, I'm only an email away.

I just sold a 3 bedroom home in South Orange within walking distance of the train to a couple from the city. My clients are excited to move into this beautiful, vibrant and diverse community.

As others have said, South Orange, Maplewood, Montclair, Glen Ridge, Millburn and Summit are towns with train lines with a commute into the city of 45 minutes and less. Towns such as Verona, West Orange, Bloomfield and Caldwell also have a short commute on the Decamp bus line, so you aren't limited to the train.

If you would like some help deciding on a town in which to move, I'd be happy to help. I can give you a tour of the area and send you regular emails of homes which might fit the bill. Just call or email me with what you're looking for and you can be on your way...

Sloan Berman, Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
242 Bellevue Ave.
Montclair, NJ 07043
862-368-4963
sloan.berman@cbmoves.com
Maplewood, South Orange, Milburn, Summit are great places that match what you are looking for.