Property Q&A in Central>Question Details

Bluebeltbadg…, Home Owner in Minneapolis, MN

this property has been vacant for 10 yrs when is the City going to do something with it?

Asked by Bluebeltbadgirl, Minneapolis, MN Wed Jan 2, 2013

young adults and adults have been breaking into home. what can be done?

This question was asked from this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Call 311 if you live in Minneapolis and let them know. They'll come and resecure it!
When Henn Cty is going to do something is a gpod question! The City put a hold on it that has expired.
Happy New Year!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
One way to get the City of Minneapolis to take action is to call the general city info number at 612-673-3000 and register a complaint. You can also go to this website for more information or report a problem…

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate contact me with any other questions.

Thank you and have a great day!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
Hello, this property appears to be a Hennepin County Tax Forfeiture property. You could call authorities when break-ins or squatting is going on, but the city has already boarded multiple times and there are tens of thousands in assessments including from multiple years of vacant building fees.

In 2006, a fire burned the main floor and multiple times after that there has been trespass issues and vandalism. It was condemned in 2007 and was put on the VBR (vacant building) list starting that year.

In July of 2011 an active parcel flag with "Directors Order To Demolish" was put on by the city. So unfortunately (or fortunately for neighbors or people who the squatting/break-ins are impacting), this 108 year old duplex will probably be torn down.

Hopefully someone else will have more information. It is unfortunate when old properties are torn down, but sometimes there is not an ideal alternative for rehabbing and preserving (this property is in poor condition, has been vandalized many times and was condemned five years ago). And hopefully a nice house will be built in it's place, in line with the architectural features of the other homes.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
Oh, and if you are really concerned (as in you live across the street and realize the issues that it is causing for your neighborhood), you could also contact the police directly if it is bad, and even call the county to let them know (property records or the assessor's office). They would care.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
You will need to call the city of Minneapolis on this one. NOthing else that can be done.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer