Property Q&A in Walnut>Question Details

Mako, Home Buyer in Fullerton, CA

this price is including the land? or need rent the land? need to pay HOA fee?

Asked by Mako, Fullerton, CA Mon Nov 21, 2011

some times i am confusing the price of the manufuctured home price.
these prices are lower than other house type sich as condo or townhouse. How can I find out if these prices are including the land or need to pay rent foe land or HOA fee?

--
This question is about this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/1092181875-20739-LYCOMING-ST-110-WA… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/1092181875-20739-Lycoming-St-…

Answers

2
With manufactured housing in a community where there are multiple manufactured homes (a subdivision vs. a manufactured home sitting by itself on a mountain) will always have a "lot rent" or "space rent", this can also be considered a "land lease fee". It is NOT included in the purchase price.

Example: Cost of the home is $76K, you pay that & then you pay upwards of $800/mo in space rent forever. This is why manufactured housing appears to be so cheap. Trust me, they always 'get you' somewhere. If you can afford this place, you could probably also afford a $150K condo w/ an HOA fee of $200-300/mo, which will probably appreciate better when the economy improves.

If you'd like to talk some more about it, just shoot me an email directly, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 21, 2011
Be careful it's a border line Manufacture home. You need to have a thorough inspection done on this home before you even make an offer. More importantly you need to talk to the manager/owner of the park/development before you enter into any agreement to purchase. Please call or email me for more info. 760815-6977 onthelevel@cox.net.