Property Q&A in Auburn>Question Details

maria.dorval, Home Buyer in Orwigsburg, PA

this house looks like there is soemthing wrong with it, will it sink right down into the dirt. Is the foundation ok? doens't it look crooked?

Asked by maria.dorval, Orwigsburg, PA Fri Jun 1, 2012

Answers

4
I own this home & i can assure you that it is not crooked! I just bought it in April & the home inspection passed with flying colors. The foundation is supported by metal beams that were put in in 2002 after the flood. The home is amazing & i'm so glad to have bought it at such an amazing price. I rented this home for 2 years before i bought it, so obviously if there were foundation problems i wouldn't have bought it, & the inspection wouldn't have passed!
yes, indeed, I sure will. But, I just want to know for my own curiosity. DO you guys think it looks as if it is sinking intot he land? Or is it me?
I will be intereste in this house if it is still on the market when I am ready in like 2 months, but I also besides curiosity, I also don't want to waste money on an inspection and have someone say to me, "Well coulnd't you just see it? Anyone can see the hous eis sinking." LOL, ya know? What is an inspection, like 800.00 for this house probably? It's been a while, I purchased a home in 2007, and I forget the details.
Thanks for the comments and your time,
Maria
The best thing to do is have a licensed home inspector/engineer fully examine the property. A small investment initially can help save a larger one later on
To be sure of the condition of any property, your best bet is to get a qualified contractor or home inspector to check the place out prior to purchasing any property.