Firecat05, Renter in Long Beach, CA

there is listing for this same address on craigslist but for $900 ... can you please explain why?

Asked by Firecat05, Long Beach, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

This question is about this property:…

$900 for a property advertized at $2700 sounds too good to be true. Be wary of scammers on Craigslist that pose as middlemen, take money up front, give false keys then disappear.
Please protect yourself while you're searching the internet for a home rental, please click my profile here on Trulia & read my 2 blog postings called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE", I show you exactly how the scammer will talk to you, through Email only, as I pretend to be an interested tenant.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
This is a scam. I also have my rental posted on Craigslist, a 3 Bedroom, 2 bath home near the Traffic Circle for $2150 and someone took my pictures and posted it on line for $900. They try and get you to send money for the deposit and they tell you when they receive it, they will give you the keys. Don't do it, your money will disappear.
Does $900/month seem to be a fair amount for a nice single family home? I don't think so. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably isn't true.
Sometimes these are fake ads trying to get the first months rent and the deposit. Then they disappear.
Sometimes these are homes going into foreclosure.

I would suggest you use a realtor to help you find a nice home. If they are good, they will help answer these questions for you.
Craigslist is not a listing service and anyone can post a listing on there. Most likely a scam...
More than likely someone is trying to pull a scam on Craigslist. If you have ever heard the expression"It's too good to be true" it probably is. Realtors have found a lot more lately that people will take the information from a home that is really for sale and create a craigslist ad, trying to find a renter for an incredible price. Once they have received a money order for the deposit and first months rent you will never hear from them again. In some cases they may even manage to get their hands on the keys and you move in, only to find out from the listing agent that you have been the victim of a scam.