Property Q&A in 32828>Question Details

Chula, Renter in 32828

the home i rent is in pre-foreclosure status/owners are behind on association fees and i am playing catch up. can they lock me out of home?

Asked by Chula, 32828 Fri Oct 22, 2010

i was told by owner that they only owe 165 in assocation fees for the month of October. I just found this out and was able to send 50.00 can they lock me out? I am playing catch up for the owners.

Answers

3
Absolutley not. Like Edyta stated, they have to follow legal eviction process....
Hope that helps
Ainsley Daux
Home Run Real Estate inc
(813)546-1954
Hello Chula,
Do you want to continue to rent this home or would you possibly want to buy another home so you don't have to deal with this mess? If so, give me a call or email me and we can talk. I live and work in 32828 so I can help.
Shelley Davis, Realtor
Thomas Lynne Properties
407-625-3489
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 23, 2010
No, nobody can do that. THey would have to follow the legal procedures to evict you.
If you signed the HOA lease addendum, it usually demands from the tenant to pay monthly rent (or its portion) to cover outstanding assoc. fees directly to the Assoc. otherwise it is owner's responsibility to pay the HOA fees (unless otherwise stated in your lease agreement)
You can also refer to Florida Landlord/Tenant Act to read what your rights are.