Property Q&A in Gary>Question Details

Dmb, Home Buyer in Gary, IN

thank you for answering part of my question but i also wanted to know why is this house always on the market.

Asked by Dmb, Gary, IN Fri Feb 27, 2009

It seems as if no one can stay in it for a long period of time. did some kind of tragedy happen there?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Indiana/Gary/sold/333416-3990-Ra…

Answers

3
I have been in touch with the listing agent who has this listed on behalf of a bank. Just to let you know, he said there IS an offer on it at this time so depending on how much you are "just curious" and how much you "really care" you should call a buyer agent as soon as possible. He is unaware of any tragedy. You know, you can call the local police department... when I really want to know the truth about a house I ask the neighborhood gossip. They might embellish a story a bit, but they are bound to have a story. Unless you wish to contact me privately through my website this is probably as much help as I can give you at this time.
This home was on the market in 2001 and again in 2003. Both times it failed to sell during the listing period. In 2008 it was listed again from March until June but again failed to sell. It has now been on the market since December 2008 with several price reductions since originally listed. I think you answered your own question in that you said " why is it always on the market"? That's just it. It's been on the market and while it has changed hands back in 2007 (possibly sold by owner and therefore not in the records I have access to) it has not changed hands often, the listing has expired often. Certain tragedy must be revealed if an agent flat out asks, others that one might feel is a tragedy are protected by Fair Housing Law. I have made a few calls. I am waiting on two return calls. In the event what I find is something that should not be posted here (but is legal for me to revea) , please stop by my web site and drop me an email so that I may answer you privately.
I am still researching this, but I know now that this home is bank owned, foreclosure. Title has been transfered three times since July of 06.

Michael