Property Q&A in Manchester>Question Details

Loretta Mitc…, Both Buyer and Seller in Westminster, MD

please tell me more about this house ,

Asked by Loretta Mitchell, Westminster, MD Wed Jan 2, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3104249667-4681-Hay-Dr-Manche…

Answers

2
This is a foreclosure from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA). For $197,000 this is a lot of home and land. The home was built in 1986 offering 1,791 square feet on the top 2 levels and 1391 square feet in the lower level with a walk out. The fact the lisitng agent posted interior pictures of this forclosured home indicates most of the homes issues are hopefully just cosmetic.

As with any home and expecially foreclosures know what you are buying. A complete home inspection should be performed. This home is also on well and a septic system so the well water needs to be tested for bacteria and the septic tank should have a complete visual inspection which requires the septic tank be pumped.

Forclosed homes sell very quickly so don't wait on this home....see it soon if you are ready to buy.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
This home is a foreclosed, Bank-owned property that is being sold As-Is. It needs some work and may not be approved for a standard FHA loan. You may want to consider an FHA renovation loan. Ask your lender about 203(k) loans. If you don't have a lender yet-let me know. I can refer you to a lender who has done a dozen for me.