Property Q&A in 44203>Question Details

Jarhead, Home Owner in 44203

need info on section 8, building standards, age, size of apts. property owner requirements

Asked by Jarhead, 44203 Fri Jan 21, 2011

was thinking of trying to do section 8 rentals but am having hard time finding out about what will be needed to be changed or upgraded

Answers

4
Jarhead, I'm sorry I am not answering your question, but I wanted to know if you're renting anything out of that property (527 w lake ave).

My sister and I are looking for a place, we grew up around Barberton and would like to findsomething near the lake. I know you mentioned you havnt had luck with your previous tennants, but we wouldn't sign a lease if we couldn't afford it, and can put down a good security deposit.

Please contact me at cassandra632@yahoo.com.

Thank you!
You have to register first and then have an inspection done. Then you must comply with the the inspection requirements to have your property meet their standards. Then you will be part of the section 8 program. See the following link.

http://www.section8programs.com/landlord.html
no i already own it and would like to attempt to make it profitable, thats why i was looking towards section 8 because the government pays every month unlike the tenent base in barberton. i tried to get loans from local banks for upgrades but the banks are unsure of future profits for them after taking such a big hit in the real estate market collaspe
Are you thinking of buying an investment property? Do you know the amount of down payment required for financing an investment purchase or are you considering a cash purchase? It is easy to get preapproved. I'm sure I can find out section 8 requirements.

Kathy Smith
Keller Williams Chervenic Realty
330.310.2774
kathrynsmith@kw.com