Property Q&A in Navarre>Question Details

Wayne Spooner, Home Buyer in 32566

looking at buying in holley by the sea but i noticed some houses had different or no hoa fees. must you pay hoa fees to live in holley by the sea?

Asked by Wayne Spooner, 32566 Sat Feb 11, 2012

can you opt out of hoa fees in holley by the sea?

Answers

5
OK thanks for that helpful info because the property i was looking at said the hoa fees were monthly, and that immediately turned me off from Holley but 365 annually is great as i get closer to my move date i will definitely keep you in mind. thanks again for clearing that up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 11, 2012
Before you buy here-- keep in mind.. when using the facilities you have to be a "traditional" family-- that means daddy, mommy, and 2 kids.. Also, the "state of the art" gym is outdated about 15years the pool would be nice if the lifeguard didn't act like a creep, the lap pool provided is excellent, when 15 ppl aren't soaking in it like a tub.... I love my house, however, there are many many flaws in their ammenities. I have been here 6months and still have NOT been given a code to use the "beach" access-- which btw is just sand... I was told (and I still do not know because again, was not given a code to go there) that there IS NOT a launch area for jet skis and boats- but they claim to have it.. and the beach house is nice for renting-- if you can get to it..

I am hoping to see changes in the board of directors- perhaps take over one day.. I feel that the younger residents really need to start getting involved..
Ty, I think the poster was referring to the regulations re: related/non related persons living in the same residence. It's one of the covenants put in place to prevent extended family of roommates from being members as well. From past experience with a neighboring house disregarding this rule & allowing three families to live in the same 4 bedroom house, I'm actually glad this rule is in place. Also the poster downplayed the beach access; it's actually a nice facility that includes an RV park, clubhouse, restrooms, well-maintained playground and picnic facility, & a beautiful dock/ pavilion area on the sound. We've held many successful events there and it only takes a min to walk inside & get the access code. I regularly use the gym & pools. If the poster is referring to the head lifeguard, he's a retired policeman from New York who genuinely cares about the safety of the members & takes his job seriously. I love it here and hope you're not deterred by the poster's negativity!
Flag Thu May 8, 2014
What do you mean must be a mommy daddy and two kids? Can you not be a member if you are not a traditional family?
Flag Mon Apr 14, 2014
Wayne,
Holley by the Sea does have a $365 mandatory fee. For more information on Holley by the Sea go to my website: http://www.brownsells.com. I have specialized in Holley by the Sea properties for over 15 years and would look forward to helping you with your purchase.
Carol Brown, CRS,GRI,CDPE
Prudential Holley Properties
850-450-2644
carol@brownsells.com
Web Reference: http://www.brownsells.com
Hi Wayne,
Every property owner- whether the property is vacant land or improved - must pay the HOA fee. But the Holley By the Sea HOA fees of 365/year are incredibly reasonable for everything it includes. There are 8 lighted, clay tennis courts, basketball and baseball fields, boat launch, a state of the art fitness center, 2 pools - one is covered and heated during the winter, plus a "kiddie pool". Day care, excersise classes, steam and sauna, community room and even a "party" house that you can rent for special occasions at a very reasonable rate. HBTS is a wonderful community, centrally located 20 miles from Fort Walton Beach to the east and Pensacola to the west. I live and work here and I love it. I am appraiser with 18 years experience. I am also a Realtor with Crystal Shores Realty here in Navarre. If I can be of any help, feel free to call or email.
Hi Wayne! Excellent question. If you are in a subdivision that has HOA fees, it is mandatory that all residents pay these fees. I just pulled a quick search to verify the fees and it is $365 annually. I noticed that some homes were incorrectly listed w/fees ranging from $250-$375, and as you stated, some HOA fees were omitted.

There are currently 52 homes listed for sale in the Holley by the Sea subdivisions. If you would like a complete list, please feel free to contact me at RimaFirstTeam@gmail.com or check out my website to browse all homes in the area. I'm very familiar with this area and all areas surrounding Hurlburt Field. Have a great day!--Rima Cole, Realtor

http://www.rima.firstteamrealtyadvantage.com/