Property Q&A in Fort Worth>Question Details

Kathy Lucas, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

is this ready now for move in and it is $800.00 a month how much is the deposit?

Asked by Kathy Lucas, Fort Worth, TX Tue Feb 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109132771-6735-Amberdale-Dr-Fo…

Answers

6
Dear Kathy,

You cannot rent a house like that for $800 a month!!! Are you dreaming?

I'm not sure how this mis-information got on Trulia, but if anyone would like to rent this nice house, I suggest you call the Realtor who has it listed. The rent is $1795 a month. It has been on the market for 2 weeks, and listed by Cathy Alen. Her number is 972-804-8499.

Please don't let anyone else tell you it is their listing. Obviously, any agent can help you lease this house. But if you are looking for something around $800 a month, you will need to get an agent and have them search for houses in the area or areas where you are willing to live.

You may find houses advertised by the owner. You take your chances if you go directly to one. Sometimes you can safely rent a house from the owner, but you should NEVER attempt to buy one directly from the owner. Always get a good agent to represent you and help you through the transaction. You'll be money ahead in the long run!

Have a great day!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2013
Kathy,

I flagged the listing as fraud and turned it into the website so that they remove it.
Kathy,

I am sorry that you took my comments so personally, and I did not mean to imply you were stupid. I guess I have just heard so many people who are expecting something that is not realistic. The fair market value of this house is over TWICE what you wanted to pay for it. If your budget for rent is limited to $800 a month, I will fully understand, and I will help you find a house in that price range. Personally, I would not pay over $1700 in rent, either. Maybe you have not seen any houses for rent yet, and perhaps you don't know what to expect for $800. But it is hard to believe that anyone would read the features and size of this property and think that it would actually be leased out for only $800 a month. Recently, I've been searching hard for places to rent below $900. I am having difficulty finding even a small duplex for $800!

By the way, this is not MY website! Someone else posted that listing on here, and it was not the owner's Agent. You will notice that I posted the name and number for the listing agent, in case anyone was seriously interested in renting this house.

It is interesting to note that the property is no longer displayed on Trulia. Whether the agent who posted it in error removed it, or Trulia took it down, we'll never know. But just ask yourself: If you found a house that had over 2,300 square feet, with 2 living and 2 dining areas, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a mandatory homeowner's association, what do you THINK it would rent for?

The house in this ad is in the 76137 zip code in the NE part of Fort Worth. In ALL of the Northern part of Tarrant County, there are only three properties for lease under $850 currently that have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. They average about 1200 square feet, and none of them have a 2-car garage. If you would like one of these houses, Kathy, I will be happy to help you lease it, and I will not charge you the company's normal application fees.

But I feel very strongly that people who drive around after church in neighborhoods they can't afford, or spend the evening surfing websites looking at houses they can't afford, are just kidding themselves and are wasting their time. The solution is simple: Call a Realtor and tell them what you can afford. They will then show you where to find houses which are in your price range.

Best of luck to you!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Dear Rick,

No I AM NOT DREAMING!!! I resent you talking to me as though I am stupid. This house showed on YOUR website as being leased for $800.00 a month. If this is incorrect which I have already found out then it needs to be corrected. Why do you thank I was asking???

You are desperately in need of some customer service skills and coaching on how to respond to your inquiries.
Kathy is right. This is for rent but the price is very, very wrong. $1795.00 a month with a $1795.00 deposit and $500 pet deposit if you have one.

Sometimes the wrong information is put up just to drive interest. You should really work with a realtor. The information we can provide you with is always more accurate than most of these types of sites. If you need help finding a rental I would be more than happy to lend my assistance. Feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

Stephen Riella
817-760-9320
steveriella@kw.com
The actual rent is $1795. This is a fraudulent listing.