Property Q&A in Sacramento>Question Details

Shelbs_mommy, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

is this property listed yet or off the market?

Asked by Shelbs_mommy, Sacramento, CA Sat Jan 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3086120916--Tillamook-Way-…

Answers

4
Hmmm.. I checked both Metrolist for active listings--one sold in late 2011--and I checked Foreclosureradar and showed no postings at all for a home on Tillamook.

First, the $40,000 is not a sales price, it was the amount in default, most likely a second lien and would still not create a situation where the home was for sale on that event alone.

As is clear here, you may have been misled into believing you could buy the home for this price? Not ever going to happen. Even if it did come on the market, the price would be just around $200,000. If you're looking for a home, there are ways to get ahead of the curve.

You'll need a good buyer's agent to help you find a home. Or you can keep following realtry trac ads and spin in circles. Good luck.
Public records show that a release of lis pendends was recorded on 9/7/2012. This suggests that the forclosure was canceled. The junior loan is only for $40,000 and the owners mostl likely were able to cure the default.
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
A notice of default was recorded in May of 2012 by a junior lien holder (i.e., second mortgage). It looks like no notice of trustee sale was ever recorded. I could not find a listing history for this property in the MLS.
The notice of default means that this home has started the foreclosure process. I just checked our MLS and I do not see any active sales on this street.