Property Q&A in Azusa>Question Details

charles4hisg…, Home Buyer in Canyon Country, CA

is this a mobile house ? will i pay the 30.000 $ and thats it or i have monthly fees to pay ? plz help thanks and happy new year

Asked by charles4hisglory, Canyon Country, CA Wed Jan 4, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3064207051-840-E-Foothill-Blv…

Answers

2
You need to find out if it's a rent/lease park or a Condo conversion where you own the land. If it's a rent/lease then you will have to pay a monthly space rent plus utilities as a rule. If it's a condo conversion you will still in all probability be paying an HOA fees, taxes, insurance, utilities and maintenance.

But I'd be more concerned about the condition of that old a "Mobile Home" (built before June 15, 1976) as opposed to a "Manufacture Home" (HUD compliant), built after June 15, 1976. I'd definitely hire an experienced manufactured home inspector to check the understructure (pads, piers, insulation, vapor barrier, etc) and make sure the pier support systems are in acceptable condition, the home is level and there are no drainage issues.

Additionally, I'd be wary of caustic and carcinogenic chemicals in the flooring, countertops, etc and asbestos in the insulation. Lot's of things to consider about homes this old. Also if you need financing you may find that due to the age of the home it will be quite difficult to find any good deals on terms and interest rates.
You may be subject to annual fees and expenses. The best way to find out about this is to contact the broker.

Best, Joshua Rabinovitz