Property Q&A in Jordan>Question Details

strjstn, Home Buyer in Minneapolis, MN

is this a good neighborhood..very interested, but unsure about the area

Asked by strjstn, Minneapolis, MN Tue Aug 21, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1079806630-1613-Hillside-Ave-…

Answers

5
Realtors are not allowed to "steer" clients into neighborhoods by law. It can be fairly subjective on whether a neighborhood is "good" or not.

But the responses below are good suggestions. The best way in my mind to get a feel for a neighborhood is to visit it and spend some time in the area.

And then when you are ready to preview the home, get financed, and write an offer seek out the help of a Realtor since our services are free to buyers.

Happy House Hunting!

~Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2012
This is a pretty tough area crime wise. If you are serious about moving here, I would spend a lot of time in the area before you make a decision. Also please check the crime maps (they are online), this house is in precinct 4. There are some very good folks that still live over north, but you need to be diligent especially in this neighborhood in making sure they are the ones around you. I would not move a family with children so close to Penn and Broadway if I had any other choice, personally.
It's a fantastic area and life there is enjoyed by many people. The area has many good things to offer such as parks playgrounds, convenient access to freeways, and countless reasons that make the area attractive to many people.

You, however are an individual who may or may not like or appreciate the area and what it has to offer. You may prefer a different area for a multitude of reasons and personal preferences. My advice is to spend some time in the area and learn as much as you can about it. No matter how nice a home might be, the one thing you can't change is the neighborhood....so check it out. Drive through it, bike through it, walk through it...and vary the times and days of the week. If it feels wrong, you'll know it, and if it feels right, move forward.
This home is in an extremely convenient location in Minneaplis. If you'd like to discuss further you can reach me at Brian@HallbladeRealty.com. Thanks!
I took a look at this listing and I thought you may want to know it is now priced at $99,700.
Check this link out if you want to know more about the area http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/statistics/crime-statistics_…

Kirk Duckwall
The Duckwall Team of Realtors
Edina Realty
Cell 651-303-0019
http://www.DuckwallTeam.com
Your Referrals Are Greatly Appreciated
Ask About Our Free Home Warranty For Buyers and Sellers!