hawthorne_gw…, Renter in Long Beach, CA

is the rent always that price?

Asked by hawthorne_gwendolyn, Long Beach, CA Thu Jul 18, 2013

every month 800 dollars

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3125254396-2286-Mira-Mar-Ave-Lo…

Answers

4
I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU WANT TO LIVE, WHAT THAT PART OF THE CITY IS LIKE AND HOW LARGE (OR SMALL) OF AN APARTMENT YOU WANT. personally, I WOULD NEVER EVEN CONSIDER LOOKING AT SOMETHING IN THAT RICE RANGE. SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE TO ME.
Yes, most likely it is either a typo or a scam. Scams will mpst likely ask you to wire or deposit money to reserve the place without seeing you in person. But some "pro" scammers even show you a place in person, and sign a lease agreement on the spot, leaving you with the keys and taking your deposit (they can take a check, but will prefer cash, because getting a fake ID is an extra expense for them).
Hello Gwendolyn
There is a scam being perpetrated on the public by unscrupulous people, where homes are being offered up for rent at these unbelievable deals, Usually the person you contact wants you to send a deposit via money gram or Western Union to an address outside of California. Then they will send you the keys to move in. I had this unfortunate experience occur on my last listing and had to field a lot of calls that lead to enough information to file an report with the FBI . They look into these acts of fraud on the internet and when they catch these people it is serious punishment.

Alexander Burns
Rodriguez and Associates
soldbyaburns@gmail.com
562-235-5708
That property is listed for lease at $2400 PER MONTH. Please feel free to contact me if you need to double check any listings that you feel are too good to be true. They usually are.

Best of Luck,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
DRE Lic#01456982