Property Q&A in Gulf Shores>Question Details

Marilyn Puck…, Home Buyer in Gulf Shores, AL

is the price still elevated to $299,000? At one time it was $239,000, Why is there no status. How long has?

Asked by Marilyn Puckett, Gulf Shores, AL Sat Jul 18, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1070355634-1413-Lora-Point-Ln…

Answers

2
Hi Marilyn, Tia has already provided you with some of the history and the probability of the issue with this property. A couple more things, though:
This property was relisted for sale about a year and a half after the purchase for considerably more than this most recent listing. It was for sale by owner and with an MLS listing company. Then again.
But the oddest thing is the photographs. The first five are this property. The rest (25 photos) are not this property to which you refer. I don't know where those came from, but when sites "scrape" other sites for information, sometimes things get a little off. Like with these photos.
The most recent listing that was withdrawn, the price went all over the place, from $239,000 at its lowest to $299,000 at its highest.
Once they are withdrawn from the MLS system, Trulia does not provide status changes for you. It just either sits for a while on the site, or disappears.....
Warm regards,
Dedras
This listing was removed from the MLS on May 8, 2009. It had been on the market for 198 days. However, it had been listed prior to that for 137 days through October 2008, when it was withdrawn at a list price of $269,000.

There is an obvious price issue with this property. Probably because the owners paid $275,000 for it on 4/18/2006, but there does not appear to be a mortgage on it. They purchased the property during the peak and are unlikely to recoup that at this point in time.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if I can assist with more info.
Web Reference: http://www.tiastanley.com