Property Q&A in Goose Island>Question Details

maryna12, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

is that really 1000 $?

Asked by maryna12, Chicago, IL Fri Apr 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3115736310-1714-W-Erie-St-Chica…

Answers

8
If it's too good to be true, it is.
This is how these scammer operate:

You send an email asking for info, they send you a fake application to your email and you send back your info, they accepted you application with bad credit! And they will call you back telling you congratulation your application has been accepted! But we are not in USA we are in UK London in this Hotel (Real Hotel in London with a real person) but we will return to Chicago in the next 10 days....

If you want to secure the rent of this condo, send us for via Western union half of deposit, and we will call our agent in Chicago to give you the keys! After you send the deposit they disappear!

This Scam has been reported to the Chicago Police several times,

English is not my first language
Trulia must have taken it down. I am sure it was the same property so many have asked the same question about.
No it is not $1000, it is a scam.
try realtor.com or have an agent help you. There is no charge to you.
Looks like a scam to me. Be wary of these on here.
Be careful - this is likely a SCAM. This property is really for rent at $4500/mo. Work with a Realtor to have access to accurate info. Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Its an Scam , they stole info from the listing agent , dont call they are scammers , this listing is on MLS for $4500