Property Q&A in 21740>Question Details

Chi, Home Buyer in Frederick, MD

is a house right behind walmart supercenter good location or not?

Asked by Chi, Frederick, MD Tue Mar 3, 2009

do you think this kind of house location will appreciate or go down when the economy picks up.just to let you know the walmart traffic does not obstruct to go to house.

Answers

3
Homes behind Wal-mart in Hagerstown are located in the community called Hagers Crossing. While the sale prices are extremely low in the neighborhood right now, the taxes are very high. This is because single-family homes had been selling for over $400,000 and townhomes were selling around $280,000 to $325,000. The most recent townhome that sold in Hagers Crossing sold for $112,000 and the average sale price for townhomes is around $150,000. There are many people up-side-down on their property values in this neighborhood and I suspect that prices will continue to fall as more and more homes go into foreclosure in Hagers Crossing. If you purchase a home in that neighborhood, it could be sometime before values begin to climb compared to other neighborhoods that haven't dropped in value as dramatically. I would use caution when considering purchasing in Hagers Crossing. Another reason is that there are hundreds of homes still to be built in that neighborhood and the builder will force prices down to complete sales. Also, should you want to sell your home in Hagers Crossing down the road, you may find yourself still competing with new construction at lower prices.
There are some really nice homes behind walmart. If you would like any more information on any of the homes, or would like to see any of them let me know. You might be helpful to you to go to my website. You can set a custom search criteria, and it will automatically send you new and updated listing as soon as they are available. My website is directly linked the the realtor's MLS, so it is very accurate. You will be getting the same information that the realtors have access to. Call me at 888-762-1554 if you need any help with anything.
Web Reference: http://pa-mdrealestate.com
That would be a nice location. It is easy to get to just about everything.