Property Q&A in Denver>Question Details

Roses2265,  in Tooele, UT

inquiry about real estate agents

Asked by Roses2265, Tooele, UT Sat Nov 9, 2013

would I need 2 real estate agents to sell a home in Colorado Springs CO to a home here in Tooele UTAH?

Help the community by answering this question:


Looks like you're selling in Colorado and buying in Utah. For that you would need a CO agent to sell your house and a UT agent to buy a new one, unless you find an agent licensed in both states.

Alex Frazier
Keller Williams Realty Downtown
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
As others have said, agents are licensed by state. Your question isn't clear as to whether you'd be buying or selling a home in Utah. If you're buying a home, it doesn't cost you to be represented by a Buyer's Agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013

I would definitely suggest using two agents. An agent in Colorado Springs is not going to be proficient and knowledgeable on homes in Utah. Your best bet is to contact a listing agent you are comfortable with in the Springs to list your home and have them refer you to a good agent in Utah. I have a good Colorado springs agent for you to consider. Her name is Alice Sweatman - 719-200-5258. Good success on your move.

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Yes, real estate agents are licensed by the state they live in. There might be an agent who lived on the border of Utah and Colorado that would be licensed in both states. However, I don't think a Colorado Springs agent would have a Utah license.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
I would recommend 2different agents. It's just easier to sell or list a home when the agent is local (to properly). A Realtor in either location could refer you to an agent local to the other property and work together to get it sold. Hope that helps and Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Hi Roses2265,

You would. Each state has their own real estate regulatory agencies that issue license, there is no "national" real estate license. More importantly, you really want to make sure you hire an agent who really understands your local market to best represent you in this situation. Even if you found an agent who was licensed in both Utah and Colorado, I think it's impossible to be an expert in two different states.
Good luck with your transaction!

Marina Jensen
Cherry Creek Properties
303 908-9117
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
thinking of selling house in springs, and using sale monies to buy home in Tooele.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
If I am reading the question right, there is a home to sell in Colorado Springs and in Tooele, UT. Yes, you would either need to work with 2 agents, or you would need to find an agent that is licensed in both Colorado and Utah. We are licensed by state, and each state has a unique set of rules that we as agents must follow. Occasionally, you do find agents licensed in numerous states. You could choose a realtor to work with in either Colorado or Utah, and they can help find you a reputable realtor in the other state for you.
Good luck and call or email with any additional questions.

Amie Morozs, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Can you clarify the question. Are you selling two homes? Or selling one and buying another? You can call me directly if you would like to discuss.
Rachelle M Paplow
Cherry Creek Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer