Property Q&A in Kenwood>Question Details

david.blasko…, Home Buyer in Duluth, MN

in the basement the wall caved in and they pushed it back and put up brick pillars. Did they do a permanent fix to the wall or just a temporary fix?

Asked by david.blaskowski, Duluth, MN Sun Aug 12, 2012

the basement wall caved in is it a permanent fix?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3087085161-230-W-Marble-St-Du…

Answers

2
I don't think you will find a ton of contractors on Trulia for the Duluth area. I would say call up 2 or 3 contractors and get some professional opinions on this topic. Then if you still want to move forward with the property get a professional inspection.

~Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 12, 2012
Without seeing the property, it is impossible to know what has been done. I would ask at least these questions: what caused the cave-in? Who did the work? Was it warranteed? Has this happened in adjacent properties? Of course, if you write an offer, you would also put in subject to an inspection, and in this case, an engineer's inspection might be appropriate. You can also look at any permits that were taken out. These are public records and anyone with an interest can call the municipality, go to the office and see these. I would imagine code compliance might also apply. Good luck! Liz, 612-986-4105