Property Q&A in 56537>Question Details

Ben Olson, Home Owner in 56537

if my lender did not include child support in determining my home mortgage, what is my recourse? cant afford anymore.

Asked by Ben Olson, 56537 Tue Jan 4, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


If you will take some time to go over our website there's alot of different things
we would be able to do to make the home more affordable for you to remain in
the home if you haven't gotten foreclosed yet.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 7, 2011
Hey, Ben! Sorry you're having a hard time. Just wondering, do you mean that the amount you're paying wasn't taken in to consideration when determining what your ongoing debts were? Not sure what you mean about the child support thing. In any event, if you can't afford your payments anymore for valid reasons, you should seek advice from an agent that may be able to help you with a short sale. Or, perhaps your lender would consider a loan modification program to lower your monthly payments, either temporarily or permanently. Check things with your lender first to see what you can do. Then, if you don't find satisfaction there, find a good agent who is experienced in short sales. It will still ding your credit, but it's not as bad as a foreclosure. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 13, 2011
At your closing, you would have been given a copy of your loan application in the closing documents to verify that the information used for the loan creation was correct. You should probably check your closing docs to see what information you verified before proceeding.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 4, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer