Property Q&A in Washington>Question Details

Simon Bayego, Home Buyer in Mount Vernon Square,...

if i buy this house how long will it take for me to own it

Asked by Simon Bayego, Mount Vernon Square, Washington, DC Sat Mar 12, 2011

This question is about this property:…

I think that the agents that responded previously gave you very good answers. That is a very nice property, I do hope that you have done some comparison shopping. In that price range you have some very good options. As with the other respondents please feel free to contact me directly at . I have over twenty years of award winning sales experience and am a fourth generation Washingtonian.
Hello Mr. Bayego,

the answer to your question on how soon can a person settle on a property is; it depends. If a person pays cash for a property and both seller and purchaser agree, settlement can happen very quickly, as soon as the title search is done and there are no issues with the title. In my experience, if a buyer applies for a conventional loan, settlement can occur within 30 days as long as there are no other issues. If a purchaser applies for a VA or FHA loan, in my experience, settlement usually occurs within 45-60 days.

If you would like to talk to a few very good loan officers regarding various loan options and when you can close, please contact me at: A loan officer can give you a good idea of all the details involved in getting to settlement and the time frame for everything.

If you do not have a realtor and would like to see this property, I would be happy to show it to you.

Michelle Buckman
Licensed in DC, MD, VA
W.C. & A.N. MIller (A Long & Foster Co.)
Mr. Bayego,

To answer your question directly, considering the property is fully available and ready for occupancy, your settlement date will determine when you can take possession. Jumbo financing typically takes 25-45 days to get through through underwriting, cash will provide you with immediate possession after any appraisal/inspection contingencies have been satisfied/removed. Please contact me directly at for more specific information about the property. Thank you.