Property Q&A in Monroe>Question Details

Dangelo Grif…, Home Buyer in Monroe, NC

if i a first time buyer what kind of deal can you give me

Asked by Dangelo Griffin, Monroe, NC Thu Jan 22, 2009

This question is about this property:…

Daniel, I am a mortgage broker and real estate agent. I am in the business everyday, and can say with a little more authority than you that it is not that simple.

The reason I say that this person needs an agent is because of the way the question was presented and the manner in which it was presented. It shows a lack of education about the process, An agent could really help this person right now.

Your answers show an ignorance of the process and you should not answer questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 25, 2009
Daniel, It is not that simple. Getting a loan is complicated, one company may deny a loan that another won't.

I think the real question is, should this buyer be working with an agent? The answer is yes because He needs someone to guide him through the process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 24, 2009
David, many of us wear multiple hats!

David, the question was simple

"If i am a first time buyer what kind of deal can you give me?"

A real estate agent CANNOT give any kind of deal, so therefor take off your real estate hat

As a mortgage "professional" are there any downpayment assistance programs available??

No there are not!

So??? what deal?
David, Your a typical real estate agent!

There is nothing difficult about getting a loan! Dude, Sub Prime fraud is over, either you qualify or your dont!

No one needs an agent UNTIL the bank says you can buy a house

thats the reason why the nation is in the crapper!

Either you can repay the loan or you cant

Sell houses AFTER your client is qualified!
there is no deal,

everything is equal

either you can get a loan or you cant!
The deal is up to you...
1) What's your credit?
2) How much cash do you have?
3) What kind of job do you have and how long have you been working?

Your best deal is the one you make with yourself...understand what you want, how mch you can afford then ask the question

Always negotiate from a position of strength. A buyer's strength is the muscle of credit, and the endurance of cash.
Web Reference:
Hi Deangelo,
I will have to agree with Lynn, the process is the same for any buyer. Your first step is to get pre approved by contacting the lender of your choice. This can, many times, be done over the phone. The purpose of getting pre approved is two fold: it tells you how much you can spend on a home and, once you make an offer on a home, it lets the sellers know that you are serious.

As far as buyer representation goes, it costs you nothing! I would be more than happy to help you find your first home in the Monroe area.

Scotti Jowers
CENTURY 21 Shackelford French
111 Crosley St.
West Monroe, LA 71291
318-323-2710 ext 124
Web Reference:
Purchasing a home for a 1st home buyers no different than a seasoned veteran who has purchased 100's of homes. You need complete loan applicaton approved by mortgage broker, all home buyers whether investor or 1st time buyer must complete the process.

NOW is great time purchase. You receive annual tax benefits
Web Reference: