Property Q&A in San Jose>Question Details

Jackeline Go…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

i wanted know what to do to get this property???

Asked by Jackeline Gonzalez, San Jose, CA Sun Sep 4, 2011

This question is about this property:… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact your agent (if you are a serious buyer you will already have one you can trust), show them the listing and ask them to show it to you. Keep in mind that, since it is a “mobile/manufactured home,” it is classified differently than a normal home and has entirely different rules for purchasing. In fact, many similar properties this age are registered with the DMV instead of having a normal title.

If your agent is not comfortable with this type of sale, then contact the park management directly – they will be able to provide the names of Realtors who work the park and have the experience you will need.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
From the photos and stating it is off of Monterey Highway this looks like one of the "Immobile" Homes located in the Chateu La Sale Park. There will be a space rent which the buyer will need to qualify for the mortgage on the "manufactured" home along with the space rent. Financing requirements are not the same as in a single family home. You will need to make 3 times the cost of your monthly housing cost. For example, if your rent is $600 and your mortgage is $500 you will need to make $3300 per month income.

It does appear that this is pending, per the MLS. $68,000 for an immobile with a garage is a low price. They usually sale for more than that unless it needs a lot of work or the space rent is high.

The down and interest rates are higher the the terms usually 25 or 20 years.

What is nice about Chateau LaSale is that you do get a garage and some sort of yard. It is an all age park and you have a pool.

If you have an agent they can schedule a showing or get a buyer's agent to help you.

All the best to you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
I recommend that you select a REALTOR to act as a buyer's agent to represent your best interests.

This property is a mobile home built in 1978.

The list price appears to be high for a mobile home of this age.

The listing agent represents the interests of the seller and must get the highest price and the best terms for the seller, and cannot negotiate against the seller on your behalf..

I recommend that you get a REALTOR to act as your buyer"s agent to negotiate the best price and terms for you.

Thank you,
Charles Butterfield
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
The listing agency is Alliance Homes. Their info is on the Trulia property page.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
This is a mobile home. You can contact a Realtor that can help with that. The mobile home parks tend to have some stringent debt to income guideline for renting. So it is important to have your financials in order.

Pat Chadwell, Broker
Realty World - Residential Specialists
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer