Property Q&A in Gainesville>Question Details

Bob, Home Seller in Gainesville, FL

i have a 4bd rm 2 bath mobile home (1800 sq.ft) cedar mobile home that i own on leased property, how do i go about finding an agent to help me sell

Asked by Bob, Gainesville, FL Fri Jan 21, 2011

home is ready to move in condition,see thru fireplace, stainless appliances,

Answers

5
Bob, since you have stated the mobile home is on leased property it can only be sold as a home only and then the new owners can choose to stay there or move it to their property. The deal would have to be financed conventionally or be a cash deal because FHA will not finance a mobile if it is not it's original set (if moved). I have worked with many homeowners selling mobiles in this area. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 21, 2011
Bob,
Unless the mobile home is located on property that you own, it is not considered "real estate", but falls into the category of personal property. A realtor is licensed to sell "real estate" and will not be able to help you sell the mobile home. Your best bet is to advertise the mobile home for sale in local ads and to let the manager/owner of the park know you are wanting to sell. Your neighbors might know of someone interested in buying.
If an agent knows what he is doing, he would know that he can only sell real estate. You do not own real estate. You own personal property, and an agent can not sell the personal property without a different license. Call a mobile home dealer to find someone.
no problem please call me ok

352-538-7756

Brian Cohen P.A.

24 x 7 any time :)
Ask around for a local agent who specializes in mobile homes and manufactured housing in your area. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://truesarasota.com