Property Q&A in 08527>Question Details

Marilyn, Home Owner in 08527

how to find info for sold homes for tax appeals?

Asked by Marilyn, 08527 Tue Mar 6, 2012

recently sold homes with certain property features-bedrooms, baths, lot size, sq. ft,

Help the community by answering this question:


If you would like you can give me a call at 732.300.5630 or email me and I can forward you the necessary comps and application package - I have supplied almost all my past sellers with this information as well! Hurry up though it has to be submitted by April 2.

Jennifer Kuhn, ABR, CREN, CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert
NJAR Circle of Excellence Sales Award, 2007-2010
2009 Top Producing Agent
2009 Quality Service Award
C21 Action Plus Realty
732-905-1495 Office
732-363-7428 Fax
732-719-1095 Direct
732-300-5630 Cell E-mail

Start your Home Search at
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hi Marilyn,

I believe the first step is to speak with a local agent who is familiar with your neighborhood.

You may find out that your assessment isn't very far off the average of similar type homes.

In the event your assessment does seem higher than it should be, you have the options of using compatibles from a Reaktor or as stated previously, you can hire an appraiser for a fee to do the work for you In many cases, the appraiser uses the same comps that a Realtor would.

I would be happy to discuss this further If you have any other questions.

Susanne Brown
RE/MAX Realty 9
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012

As an agent I always believe that I could do comps for homeowners, until this year when I embarked on a project within my development wherein I hired an attorney and an appraiser at a reasonable price. What I learned is that not all comps that a Realtor finds online are "usable" and the last thing you want is to go through this ardous process to have your comps rejected. These guys have a way to figure out which are usable and which are not and they fill out all the paperwork, appear on your behalf in tax court AND will (1) tell you at the outset if you have a case (2) if you do, charge a reasonable ONE TIME PRICE and (3) won't charge you if the appeal is denied and (4) payment is due AFTER the appeal is accepted or when you realize your gain, which is in the 4th quarter of 2012.

May be worth your time to give them a call for a free consultation. Call Tim Middleton, 732.223.8171.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
your agent can do this for you however you can also get an appraiser involved. They will do an appraisal which will carry a little more weight than a market analysis by broker. depending on the assessor they may negotiate with you based upon appraisal or cma. If not you may have to go to county or state level to appeal and have appraiser testify. (I have had to do both while appealing my own properties in a few different towns)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
I have no problem helping you out with comps. Feel free to give me a call tomorrow. 718-551 8700


Ellen Dell'Alba
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 6, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer