Property Q&A in 04236>Question Details

Ron, Other/Just Looking in Beverly, MA

how's the best way to list my lakeside land-only 4 acre parcel in Maine without using a Realtor, and give me your recommendations? Like, FSBO

Asked by Ron, Beverly, MA Fri Feb 17, 2012

Ron

Answers

3
Hello Ron. First things first - what is it worth? You should probably hire a lawyer right away who is familiar with Maine Real Estate laws. Someone who can not only prepare the necessary paperwork but can also oversee an Appraisal - so your asking price is realistic!! Craigs List and Uncle Henry's are online sources for a web presence - but you have to continually renew your ads since they are time limited. You may also want to create a web page just for the property itself.

Who will be accompanying prospective Buyers to the property? When you weigh the costs of travel to and from Massachusetts to show the property, a lawyer's additional fee for overseeing anything out of the ordinary, signage and advertising, you may find that a Realtor isn't such a bad deal after all. Our services are no charge unless the property sells - and that includes advertising! I am familiar with Greene and work in that area. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Jeannette Beaulieu
207-513-6713
http://www.MaineWaterfrontOnline.com
Hi Ron,

I concur with Jeff Campbell. You also need to be very familiar Maine Real Estate laws which require certain disclosures be made to potential buyers, etc. or it could be a lawsuit for you in the future. Realtors are licensed to sell real estate. It is certainly your choice, I would just caution you should you choose to try this on your own.

If you'd like my assistance, please feel free to contact me. CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, cindy@prubay.com or 207-615-1663.
you can certainly go to places like forsalebyowner.com but I've been involved with a lot of transactions as an inspector and I would recommend a qualified Realtor. No one wants to pay a big commission on their sale, but when you get more for the sale of your property, it will offset the commission and then some. Not to mention selling it FASTER. Some buyer agents may not even bring your listing to their clients if it is not listed with another agent, meaning less prospects. Listing a property is a lot of work... a professional realtor will really do a lot of legwork for that commission... the right Realtor will make it worth every penny!